Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Minute by minute surveillance of assigned crude oil systems leading to immediate monitoring and control responses to status changes, system alarms, abnormal conditions and operational needs.
- Monitors pressure, temperature and volume using SCADA system to ensure safe receipt and delivery of volumes
- Monitors and analyzes changing conditions and alarms and provides prescribed responses .
- Communicates daily with Company’s field personnel, schedulers, and external customers to implement scheduling plans.
- Monitors system performance and notifies operations when maintenance and/or repairs are needed.
- Provides notifications and support in emergency response situations.
- Provides advanced notification to schedulers and applicable operations personnel when deviations from scheduled movements are expected or have occurred.
- Evaluates on a continuing basis the hydraulic status of the pipelines making system adjustments to maintain normal operations within system limits including MOPs, suction pressure requirements and line pack requirements
- Maintain continuous vigilance of leak detection tools to identify and mitigate potential leak situations.
- Maintain continuous vigilance of station facilities and tank levels to prevent product contamination, unexpected tank levels, efficiency of blend operations and other station activities.
- Recordkeeping and other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent, Associate’s degree or 2 year technical certificate, and 1-3 years related experience, or equivalent combination, preferred. Proficient in basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheet, and email software. Working knowledge of SCADA systems.