Participates in the DOT Integrity Management program for both transmission and integrated high-pressure systems by providing major input to designing and implementing remedies and solutions as a result of TIMP program assessments & findings and working continuously to improve transmission and high-pressure system safety and reliability. May also be responsible for the corrosion engineering design and function for Corporate Engineering Unit.
· Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of the federally-mandated pipeline Integrity Management program (TIMP – DOT 192, Subpart O).
· May provide corrosion engineering design functions as needed.
· Develops internal systems and mechanisms to capture and track field data.
· Evaluates RFP responses and recommends appropriate course of action for Washington Gas as needed.
· Plays a role in review of externally-generated Integrity Management program reports and recommends actions as a result of the findings.
· Designs, implements, and assists with oversight of pipeline-integrity driven projects.
· Provides input to pipeline records integration and accuracy.
· Continuously works to improve transmission and high-pressure system safety and reliability.
· Develops and presents reports for Integrity Management.
· Assesses pipeline integrity defects and makes repair recommendations (B31G / RSTRENG).
· Implements Root Cause Analysis in appropriate cases.
· Coordinates contractors and site inspectors on matters involving invoices, remediation, inspection, and repairs.
Job Description - Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree (in engineering, preferred).
· A minimum of five years of experience in the natural gas industry in pipeline integrity and/or corrosion control.
· Project management experience preferred.
· NACE Certification preferred.
· Integrity management risk model experience preferred.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of DOT CFR 49 Part 192 and relevant NACE-related knowledge and experience.
· Proven ability to evaluate external pipeline integrity assessment reports.
· Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and analyze multiple scenarios in solving broadly-defined business problems.
· Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages to diverse audiences at all organization levels.
· Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors and peers.
· Demonstrated ability to make timely and effective decisions based on limited data to make certain of pipeline integrity.
Washington Gas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability, or other legally protected status.