Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies and protects high consequence areas, selection of tools, identification and prioritization of risks and mitigation activities.
- Develops integrity assessment strategies.
- Works closely with field personnel, corrosion personnel, scheduling and outside contractors to inspect and repair pipelines un the integrity program.
- Directs the activities of consultants and analysts regarding IMP.
- Monitors the company’s overall cathodic protection/corrosion program to ensure compliance with DOT/ops regulations.
- Participates in writing and reviewing IMP and Operations Manuals.
- Assist in the budgeting process by estimating cost for inspecting and repairing pipelines.
- Perform pipeline remaining strength calculations for corrosion pitting using field gathered data
- Evaluate results of inspection efforts and categorize repair timeframes in compliance with PHMSA requirements
- Assist or provide guidance, as necessary, for proper and preferred methods of repair or remediation of defects
- Track project progress of inspection efforts from start to completion
- Carryout all provisions of the company Integrity Management Plan (IMP)
- Remain current with PHMSA (DOT) regulations and those of related state agencies and initiate updates to the IMP as needed
- Identify Preventive and Mitigative measures and provide leadership in their implementation
- Work with Engineering Department, Operations and Corrosion personnel to develop plans and procedures to ensure continued pipeline and facility integrity for all of Hiland’s liquid carrying assets.
- Other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required .
- High school diploma or equivalent and NACE qualified as a CP Specialist or Engineering degree (Mechanical preferred), and five years experience in pipeline operations, engineering or maintenance
- Demonstrated knowledge in pipeline operations and/or federal and/or state integrity management rules.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and ARCVIEW/ESRI Programs
- Basic understanding of in-line inspection techniques and hydrostatic testing
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Hiland Partners - 23 months ago