Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada. Please visit our website to learn about SWN .
WORKING AT SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY
When you become part of the Southwestern Energy Company team, you will engage your career with hands-on experiences in challenging exploration and development projects. As a new employee, you are given the opportunity to contribute from day one by working side-by-side with experienced employees to cultivate innovative strategies and solutions. We are at the forefront of several significant projects, most importantly the Fayetteville Shale play in Arkansas. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and successfully produce its gas. We are currently the largest producer in the Fayetteville Shale. In a few short years, we have surpassed 1 Bcfd and have invested more than $6 billion in this expanding operation in Arkansas. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have recently begun exploratory efforts in Pennsylvania’s exciting new Marcellus Shale and in New Brunswick, Canada.
Primary duties include operating and maintaining the Greenzweig Compressor station and pipeline pigging operations. In addition to the duties associated with operations, the Operator would assist with construction supervision activities. Operates internal combustion engines to transmit, compress or recover gases, such as natural gas in various processes.
Other duties include, but not limited to:
- May perform minor repairs on equipment, according to type of gas compressed or recovered
- May operate equipment to control transmission of natural gas through pipelines
- Moves, controls and turns valves to start compressor engines, pumps and auxiliary equipment
- Operates equipment to control transmission of natural gas through pipelines
- Observe operation of equipment to detect malfunctions
- Monitor meters, gages and recoding instrument charts to ensure specified temperature, pressure and flow of gas through system
- Conduct chemical tests to evaluate quality of gas
- Record instrument readings and operational changes in operating log
- Perform minor repairs on equipment using hand tools
- Operates or tends equipment to purify gas
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
- Previous Pipeline experience preferred
SouthWestern Energy Company - 21 months ago