Posting Name: Piper
Posting Number: 2012-35
Posting Dates: July 19, 2012 – August 2, 2012
Repair, inspect and maintain various plumbing, air, liquid transport, HVAC and sand systems as part of the Engineering Department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform maintenance and construction activities as directed.
- Perform preventative maintenance, routine and emergency repairs plus trouble shooting of various plumbing, air, liquid transport, HVAC and sand systems.
- Maintain and construct various plumbing, air, liquid transport, HVAC and sand systems both below and above ground.
- Prepare and complete forms as required.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment.
- Draw and interpret drawings.
- Requires daily travel to various MBTA sites and properties.
- Comply with all related safety rules and procedures and report all hazards as required.
- Attend and participate in all assigned training, specifically safety and security related.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 3 years practical experience in related field.
- Must possess at least one of the following Massachusetts Licenses: Plumbers, Oil Burner, HVAC or Pipe Fitter.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools, lift, bend, stoop and carry heavy loads.
- Must have the ability to read, speak, understand and communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to climb and work from ladders.
- Able to work at heights up to 100 feet.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces and underground.
- Involves working outside in all types of weather conditions year round as assigned.
- Must be able to work from verbal and written instructions.
- Must have the ability to work well with others as well as alone as required.
- Must be familiar with reverse osmosis filtration.
- Familiarity with NFPA 25 preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required. CDL Class A or B and/or Hoisting License preferred.
- Must have a satisfactory work history
1.Physical/ Mental demands
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, climbing (up to 100 feet), lifting (up to 50 pounds) balancing and driving.
- The position will be exposed to loud environments, outdoor weather, fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration.
- May be required to work extended hours during inclement weather.
- Vision abilities required by this job include near and distant vision with the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to see colors clearly.
- Must pass physical examination.
- Ability to perform all duties mentioned above.
- Noise Level Loud
- Shift work May be required to work off shifts for special projects.
- Travel Daily to various MBCR sites.
- On-call As per collective agreement.
- Team work Work as a part of the Engineering team.
- Supervisory No
Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad - 10 months ago
MBCR is committed to working in full cooperation with the MBTA to provide superior commuter rail services for the Boston metropolitan area....