A Piping Designer from the petrochemical industry who is looking for a more senior position within a company where he will be given day to day exposure to all aspects of piping layout and design.
To assist in the design and layout activities on projects under the direction of a Lead Design Engineer.
- Become thoroughly acquainted with the use of PDMS, CADworx and AutoCAD in all aspects of the design and layout of skid packages for both onshore and offshore projects. This will include but is not limited to the following: - Equipment Layout, Pipe Routing, Pipe Support Design, General Arrangement drawings, Piping Isometrics, P&ID Drafting, Equipment setting plans
- Be responsible for delegated areas of piping design allocated during the course of a design and build project.
- Understand your obligations under the health and Safety Act with regard to personal safety and safety in design
- Develop self motivation and interest in the technology and its application to a project
- Develop an appreciation of other diciplines' activities and interfaces within a project
- Liaise with the project fabricator and answer design queries in accordance with company procedures.
The Piping Designer is accountable to the Design Manager
Job Requirements/ Qualifications
Minimum of ONC in a relevant engineering course.
The candidate should have at least 2 to 3 years working experience working in a Design Office. It is expected that the candidate will have a working knowledge of the plant design software PDMS and Auto CAD but this is not essential as training will be given.
Cameron (NYSE:CAM) is a leading provider of flow equipment products, systems and services to worldwide oil, gas and process industries....