This position offers you the opportunity to make a strong impact as you oversee the start-up of a new Managed Care Organization, including Medicaid, Medicare/Duals programs and the 2014 Healthcare Exchange. You will lead an executive level staff and oversee all aspects of the MCO including state agency relationship management, market assessment, provider network development, RFP strategy and market entry planning and execution. |
The plan will be created through the integration of an acquisition and development of a MCO, providing services for 200,000+ members. In the process, you'll support our mission to provide quality healthcare for financially vulnerable individuals and families. You'll also demonstrate your leadership skills and ability to deliver results -- qualities that are in demand as Molina continues to grow.
While we're not at liberty to disclose exactly where the plan will be located, we can tell you that it will be in the Southeast. Relocation assistance will be available for an outstanding candidate.
Since its founding more than 30 years ago, Molina Healthcare has grown into one of the leaders in providing quality healthcare to the underserved. Currently, Molina Healthcare arranges for the delivery of healthcare services or offers health information management solutions for nearly 4.3 million individuals and families who receive their care through Medicaid, Medicare, and other government-funded programs in 16 states. Molina is a publicly traded company with approximately 4,500 employees and revenues of $4.6 billion, and we recently were named to the 2012 Fortune 500 list.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
Just as important as your experience and skills will be the following characteristics and competencies:
- Ten to fifteen years of progressive healthcare experience in the managed care industry with significant management experience.
- Experience with both Medicaid and Medicare plans, ideally with Medicare / Medicaid duals programs, and strong working knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare products.
- Experience starting a new, preferably large volume plan.
- Deep understanding of governmental procedures and standards for the implementation of the healthcare exchange leading up to and in 2014.
- A track record of success leading in a growth environment and building new products.
- Strong experience working on a plan with a large membership.
- A demonstrated ability to build a cohesive, motivated team that delivers results.
- Proven business development and implementation experience in managed care.
- Good working knowledge of NCQA standards.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Health Services Administration or related field; a master's degree is preferred.
- A passion to serve the "duals" population.
- High energy, initiative and the drive to build something new.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and develop strong working relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, you will oversee a leadership team that includes a new Chief Medical Officer, who will be joining around the same time, a Director, Quality and Compliance, additional leaders and a large staff.
Your mission will be to provide overall direction and administration of programs and services provided by the health plan, including implementing new products and programs that are in alignment with Molina's strategic plan. You'll provide day-to-day leadership and management of the health plan that mirrors the company's mission, vision and core values, and you'll ensure the continued fiscal well-being of the plan.
More specifically, you will:
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
- Develop positive relationships with Medicaid agencies and other influencers and develop a clear understanding of what the state wants in a contractor.
- Hire and manage additional personnel in the local market to support rapid growth and achieve positive government relations, community-based organization cooperation and support, etc.
- Formulate and implement business plans and strategies to ramp up the duals program and other new products or programs, to meet short-term objectives and ensure long term growth and success.
- Ensure adequate measures, processes and procedures are adhered to in order to meet the fiscal needs of the company, to conserve its assets and to maintain an effective system of budgetary control.
- Review forecasts and proposed capital expenditures, and recommend programs and policies by analyzing the changing needs of the membership and industry; identify and analyze trends and evaluate options.
- Amend existing policies to improve operations and create new policies as needed. You'll present reports and recommendations on the operations and finances of the state plan and propose changes to major policies.
- Ensure the overall level of quality for delivery of medical services meet or exceed appropriate standards.
- Provide personal leadership that encourages employee productivity and responsiveness to the needs of the current and prospective member companies.
- Ensure programs are established to comply with all relevant federal, state and local regulations.
Career development -- in addition to taking point on a large and important plan, you will have broad exposure to many other areas of Molina. We are committed to grooming people and promoting from within whenever possible, and your success in this role could set you up to pursue new opportunities within Molina. For example, you could pursue a Regional VP or other high-level leadership role.
Visibility and exposure -- this is the core role in an exciting and important initiative. You'll be able to showcase your abilities and enjoy exposure at the highest levels of a Fortune 500 company.
Vision-driven -- at Molina we have built success by adhering to our vision, and we'll look to you to ensure the vision and values play a central role in this new program. Our vision: Molina Healthcare is an innovative health care leader providing quality care and accessible services in an efficient and caring manner.
Our Core Values:
Right solutions, right time -- managed care is an optimal solution to the challenges that healthcare reform is intended to address, positioning Molina for ongoing success. The whole industry is shifting, and the Medicaid and Medicare markets will be growing even faster than others . . . with Molina leading the way.
- We strive to be an exemplary organization.
- We care about the people we serve and advocate on their behalf.
- We provide quality service and remove barriers to health services.
- We are healthcare innovators and embrace change quickly.
- We respect each other and value ethical business practices.
- We are careful in the management of our financial resources and serve as prudent stewards of the public's funds.
Help those who need it most -- Molina Healthcare provides services for the under-served and you'll find a strong sense of mission here; our people are proud to be able to make a difference in the quality of life for this vulnerable segment of our communities. Molina arranges for the delivery of healthcare services or offers health information management solutions for nearly 4.3 million individuals and families who receive their care through Medicaid, Medicare, and other government-funded programs in 16 states.
High-performance company -- since our founding in 1980 we have grown from a single health clinic to a multi-state industry segment leader. We continue to post strong numbers. Our 2011 premium revenues were $4.6 billion, up 15% over 2010, while annual cash flow from operations was 40% higher than in 2010, at $225.4 million. Guidance for 2012 is set at $5.8 billion in premium revenue.
Excellent compensation -- in addition to a competitive salary and bonus incentive program, we offer comprehensive benefits that include all you would expect -- such as insurance and PTO -- plus some pleasant surprises. For example, we provide two paid days off annually for employees to perform volunteer work at the charity of their choice, tuition reimbursement for those continuing their education, and more.
Keys to Success
This is not a position for someone in "maintenance mode." To be successful in this role you will need a strong sense of vision and the drive and energy to make that vision a reality. While you will be the "face" of the plan, you also will need to cultivate a collaborative environment. We'll look to you to build a team that works well together, and to empower that team to achieve goals and develop professionally. You'll also need to ensure that the team shares your passion for serving this population. In addition, you should be energized by a fast-paced environment and be comfortable with change as the plan grows and evolves.
To excel as Plan President you will build the plan around Molina's Five Key Strategy Elements:
- Financial strength
- Customer service
Molina Healthcare, Inc. is a multi-state healthcare organization with flexible-care delivery systems focused exclusively on government-sponsored healthcare programs for low-income families and individuals. We are among the most experienced managed healthcare companies serving patients who have traditionally faced barriers to quality healthcare, including individuals covered under Medicaid, and Medicare, the Healthy Families Program, state Children's Health Insurance Programs (CHIP) and other government-sponsored health insurance programs.
Quality is a top priority for Molina, and all eligible Molina health plans are accredited by the National Committee on Quality Assurance, while Molina's 24-hour nurse advice line is accredited by URAC.
Molina has operations in California, Michigan, New Mexico, Ohio, Texas, Utah, Washington, Florida, Louisiana, Idaho, Maine, New Jersey, West Virginia, Virginia and Wisconsin. It also has 17 primary care clinics in California, two clinics in Washington, three in Virginia and one clinic in both Florida and New Mexico. Molina's corporate headquarters are in Long Beach, California.
Molina Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/V/D
- 2 years ago - save job