Planned Giving Officer
Exempt (Paid monthly)
If part time, hours to be worked weekly
If temporary please provide Start Date
And End Date
Position Summary Information
Purpose of this Position
Carleton College welcomes applications for a Planned Giving Officer. This position is responsible for working with individual donors, providing planned giving support to the fundraising staff, and assisting with the marketing and management of Carleton’s planned giving program.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE ) exempt, regular, benefit-eligible staff position.
Essential Job Functions - Responsibilities
• Cultivate and solicit current and prospective major and planned giving donors; complete
150 prospect moves annually including personal visits (requires travel about 35% annually).
• Serve as a consultant to the fundraising staff that works with planned giving prospects, including strategizing, developing and drafting written proposals.
• Help to manage the Joseph Lee Heywood Society, Carleton’s recognition society for planned giving donors, including mailings, events including the annual luncheon and other activities.
• In partnership with the Director of 50th Reunions Programs, support alumni classes in the
50th reunion cycle to help them maximize their gifts to the College. Present gift planning information at committee meetings, help provide training for gift committee members and facilitate and respond to individual gift conversations.
• Develop and maintain technical expertise in legal and financial issues related to charitable gift planning.
• Actively participate in promoting the planned giving program by helping to develop long-range themes and marketing materials.
• Baccalaureate degree required.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills.
• Familiarity with planned giving programs.
• Minimum experience of three years in development or previous experience in law, accounting, banking, finance, or related fields.
• Demonstrated skill in working well both with individuals and in a team setting. Flexibility and willingness to travel.
Experience in educational fundraising and capital campaigns is preferred, as is experience in marketing and volunteer management.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Posting Detail Information
Open Until Filled