Job Description:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:|
To develop, promote, and sell planned maintenance
agreements for Cummins Southern Plains.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop, promote, and sell planned maintenance
agreements within the territory to existing and new
Cummins Southern Plains and competitive power generation
customers. (To include cold calling)
2. Work closely with the power generation sales
departments to identify new opportunities for
preventative maintenance and other sold services.
3. Promote all of Cummins Southern Plains business
segments as a single solution provider: (Generator
sales, service, preventative maintenance) ( Engine
sales, service, preventative maintenance) (Generator
rental) (Consumer mobile product) (On-highway
sales/service) and (Integrated controls, networks, and
4. Maintain a positive self-image, company image, and
branch integrity at all times.
5. Meet established sales target revenue and profit
goals as outlined in the Annual Operating Plan.
6. Responsible for selling and promoting additional
sales offerings to include generator load banking,
infrared thermography, vibration testing, diesel fuel
polishing, insulation resistance testing, planned
battery replacement, and any other service(s) offered as
part of a preventative maintenance agreement.
7. Attend marketing and customer training events such as
7x24 Exchange and Interlink hospital engineer
8. Maintain and improve customer contact information
database and other sales recordkeeping as required.
Prepare and submit reports of business expense
transactions and travel mileage as required to the
Director of Power Generation Service.
9. Ability for overnight travel 20-30% of the time to
adequately cover the sales territory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. High School Diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s
2. 2-3 years sales experience required.
3. Preferred candidate to have a strong background of
basic mechanical and electrical principles.
4. Must be self-motivated and able to work without daily
supervision. Capable of representing Cummins Southern
Plains in a professional manner at all times.
5. Must possess strong communication, interpersonal, and
customer relation skills.
6. Must have an internal drive for customer satisfaction
and provide an elevated level of service for both
internal and external customers.
7. Must comply with all safety rules and regulations and
apply them to his/her daily work routines for personal
safety and the safety of others.
Req. Code : 554
Division/Department : Oklahoma Operations
% of Travel Required : 30-40%
# of Openings : 1