Auto req ID 9293BR
Job Title Planner, Production
Business Unit Watkins Manufacturing Corp.
Job Posting Category Production/Operation
Country United States
Job Description SUMMARY
Under general supervision, responsible for scheduling, tracking and expediting inventory levels in accordance with JIT manufacturing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties may be assigned)
- Plans and prepares multi-level production schedules for manufacture of commercial products in a high-volume manufacturing environment. Draws up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time to meet shipping dates according to sales forecasts or customer orders. Interacts with production staff.
- Coordinates product demand to support shipment Requirements as communicated from Dealer Support and/or Sales and Marketing.
- Monitors inventory levels of finished product to enable sustained shipments and to support the shipment and inventory plan.
- Performs functions in the MRP/ERP system such as create, process and backflush production orders, inventory adjustments, serial number tracking, maintain order parameters on items, and run reports.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 3 years production and/or production planning experience required. Experience with Windows Office, with intermediate skills in Excel and Word required. Must have a working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems. Must possess excellent comprehension, oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with Marketing, Dealer Support, Production, and Senior Management. Ability to write reports and business correspondence a must. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Must exhibit the values of The Watkins Way (Ethical, Transparent, Accommodating, Work-Life Balance, Safety First, Accountable, Relationships, Passionate, Team Player, and Goal Driven).
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS .
Watkins Manufacturing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Masco - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...