The Contra Costa County Department of Conservation and Development has an excellent career opportunity for individuals interested in a Planner II position. The Department currently has one (1) vacancy in the Current Planning Division, located in Martinez, California.
In the Current Planning Division, the individual selected will be assigned duties which include, but are not limited to: performs professional planning related research and analysis for the preparation of planning studies, reports, plans and projects related to land use, economic development and related topics; interprets planning regulations, ordinances, and policies as they relate to land use and development; presents various studies and recommendations to various boards, commissions, and community groups; assists in the administration of zoning and planning programs; and performs related work as required.
Planner II is a flexibly staffed classification and may advance after a satisfactory probationary period to a Planner III (Monthly Salary Range: $5,560-$6,758).
The employment list established by this examination will remain in effect for six months and may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Prepares written staff reports on land use projects for the Zoning Administrator, Planning Commissions and/or Board of Supervisors
- Makes oral presentation to Zoning Administrator and/or Planning Commission on land use projects
- Conducts or assists in conducting original and secondary surveys or inventories on subjects such as: physical resources, environmental conditions, population, economics, land use, housing, community development, redevelopment, transportation, general plans, zoning subdivisions and planning ordinances
- Prepares and develops displays and presentations
- Responds to inquiries regarding prevailing ordinance requirements, regulations and statutes
- Advises land use applicants regarding the policies, requirements and procedures for rezoning requests, land use permits and subdivision approvals
- Reviews applications and site conditions for ordinance compliance and planning appropriateness
- Researches and drafts new ordinance provisions
- Contributes to the formulation of general plans, general plan elements and related projects
- Evaluates findings and prepares oral presentation and written reports
Possession of a Valid California motor vehicle operator's license. Out of state valid motor vehicle operator's license will be accepted during the application process.
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in city or regional planning, or a closely related field.
Eighteen (18) months of full-time, or its equivalent, professional experience in city, county or regional planning.
1) One (1) year of graduate study in an accredited college or university with a major in city or regional planning or closely related field may be substituted for six (6) months of the required experience; 2) one (1) additional year of qualifying experience may be substituted for the required academic major.
1. Application Filing:
Contra Costa County Department of Human Resources
2. Application Evaluation:
3. Oral Interview:
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices.
County of Contra Costa, California - 22 months ago