Requisition ID: 68250
- Organization: Power
- Location: Frederick, MD
Posting closing date is April 1, 2013.
Supports schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities for small to medium size projects. Supports project organizational and administrative activities. Supports the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project plan. Establishes milestones for the total project and leads schedule resource loading and leveling. Supports development of scheduling standards and procedures.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports overall planning & schedule development, analysis and reporting efforts for the project.
- Supports integration of Engineering, Procurement, and Construction schedules.
- Utilizes resource loading and leveling capabilities of Primavera 6.
- Produces standard and custom schedules and charts from Primavera 6.
- Exports and imports data between Primavera 6 and other databases.
- Responsible for understanding the complete project scope, project schedule objectives as well as supporting and maintaining a plan and schedule to accomplish the same.
- Supports planning and coordinating schedule interfaces with the owner, vendors and subcontractors.
- Supports the timely preparation and update of detailed execution schedules, resource utilization plans and progress tracking systems.
- Supports the integration of all activity sequences & logics with the total project plan.
- Supports accurate schedules, resource, quantities, progress, and performance reporting.
- Continually monitors critical and near critical path work and identifies issues for mitigation.
- Proactively assesses progress, completion forecasts and provides solutions to mitigate schedule delays or to optimize project completion.
- Evaluates project progress against historical indicators and provides comparative analysis.
- Supports the implementation of scheduling & progress metrics and monitoring systems.
- Supports integration of the multi-site, engineering, procurement, construction and start-up planning and scheduling efforts.
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management or 10 years of experience.
- 5 years Project Controls experience
- 2 years of recent nuclear Power Plant Planning and Scheduling experience.
- Superior interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated capability to schedule complex engineering and construction projects.
- Power plant technology, prior construction or engineering experience.
- Excellent organizational skills; attentive to detail.
- Recent expert level working knowledge of Excel and Primavera, P6
- Must be able to conduct site walkdowns which may consist of climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces and entering confined spaces.
- The right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship
- Six Sigma knowledge
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).
Bechtel - 16 months ago
Bechtel (www.bechtel.com) is a global engineering, construction and project management company with more than a century of experience on...