Dow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011.|
The Dow AgroSciences Seeds Traits & Oils Business has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a small sites Global Maintenance Work Process Planner/Scheduler & MRO person. The successful candidate will be located at either the Mycogen Seeds Facility in Marshalltown & Carroll IA, Olivia MN, Pontiac & Grand Ridge IL or York NE. The business is seeking four individuals at each of these Sites.
The maintenance planner, scheduler and MRO person will be a multi job role. The person will use job plans to create a schedule that makes the most effective and efficient use of the available resources, a person who has the skills and knowledge to create a job package from a work order scope including required labor material and services to ensure safe, effective and efficient execution of the work. This person will also be responsible for managing MRO inventory at the Site. The computerized maintenance management system will be ERIS for small sites.
- Uses quality feedback from the Person Doing Work to optimize the archived plans.
- Carry out field check when needed.
- Prepare job package and input plan into ERIS indicating the required resources, materials, and services.
- When material availability has been confirmed, store job in active backlog.
- Identify task activities necessary to execute job plan.
- Identify materials/tools/equipment required to perform tasks.
- Identify/solicit safety information and requirements necessary to safely perform tasks.
- Record tasks/information within the work order.
- Notify other crafts of their requirement to provide input to job plan (verbal, communication sub).
- Archive repetitive job plans.
- Consider constructability and maintainability when developing plans.
- Consider material costs when selecting materials from specifications.
- Utilizes the Most Effective Technology where applicable.
- Receives work order and checks for administrative completeness.
- Identify resource requirements for the scheduled jobs using the job plans.
- Build the schedule making the most effective and efficient use of available resource and issuing the schedule.
- Initiates material movement for scheduled jobs.
- Identifies resource leveraging opportunities.
- Communicates with operations on scheduling status.
- Leads scheduling meetings.
- Monitors/reviews performance measures.
- Leads scheduling improvement efforts.
- Analyzes, (re-)establish and manages MRO inventory levels.
- Maintains MRO inventory records.
- Handles reservations and backorders for MRO inventory items.
- Sets up new items for inventory.
- Executes MRO inventory replenishments.
- Analyzes surplus/obsolete materials or equipment and initiates investment recovery process.
- Monitors supplier performances regarding timelines and completeness of deliveries.
- Performs technical identification of new and/or existing MRO materials.
- Acts as problem solver for technical aspects on MRO materials.
- Participates in standardization of MRO materials.
- Participates in "share the spare" process.
AgCareers.com - 19 months ago
Dow AgroSciences is all about growth -- crop growth to be exact. The Dow Chemical subsidiary operates as part of its parent's...