Under the direction of the Planning & Water Management Dept. Manager, the Planner assists in the enforcement of regulations, monitoring and ongoing research related to the plans and programs and implementation of the Comprehensive Plan, the Carver County Water Management Plan and other special purpose plans or studies including applicable areas of the flood plain, shoreland, wetland conservation act, conditional use, feedlot, storm water, erosion/sediment control and CCWMO regulations. Facilitate or lead projects relating to the development and implementation of water management and planning programs. Develop and implement proposals, grants, programs. Develop working relationships with internal and external partners. Analyze and interpret data and infer recommendations. Generate reports from qualitative or quantitative data. Conduct field inspections. Assist in preparation of written and oral reports to the County Board, Water, Environment and Natural Resources Committee, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment and other advisory committees or related audiences.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in the analysis and development of recommendations related to the on-going administration and enforcement of the County Comprehensive Plan and ordinances and the County Water Management Plan and Rules. Completes investigations of non-compliance with state and local rules and regulations.
• Prepare reports, plans and special studies.
• Conduct research and data collection.
•Accept, review, approve and/or deny CCWMO permits, Wetland Conservation Act (WCA) permits.
•Perform site inspections to determine ordinance compliance, erosion control compliance, stormwater compliance; to investigate complaints and/or prepare planning reports.
• Monitors compliance with corrective action plans or other regulatory processes.
• Design and implement evaluation strategies to monitor and assess the effects of water management and planning programs.
• Provide professional planning services to County departments, local governments and other agencies.
• Represent the department at the County Board, CCWMO advisory committee meetings, Planning Commission and other advisory or staff committees.
• Perform like or comparable duties of a similar nature as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) plus equivalent experience (two years) to the level; of a Master's degree or a Master's Degree with an emphasis in Water Resource Management, Planning, Environmental Studies, Engineering, Geography, GIS or related field.
• One year of relevant experience in planning or water resource management.
• Valid Driver's License
SCORED EXAMINATION PROCESS:
All applications will be screened for minimum qualifications, scored and ranked. The highest ranked candidates meeting minimum qualifications will be recommended for the scored oral examination (interview). Final selection for the position will include successful completion of oral interviews and background investigations.
Carver County, MN - 18 months ago