The Media Planner is responsible for managing the daily activities on client accounts. This position enhances client relationships by providing effective leadership and excellent client service.
- Manage the day-to-day planning and implementation activities for an account or group of accounts.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge of all media plans.
- Verify all authorizations and budgets.
- Oversees Media Coordinator’s job duties and provides input to Media Supervisor on their performance.
- Coordinate all Initiative efforts on behalf of the client including Buying and other specialized services.
- Maintain responsive working relationship with client as well as with appropriate staff at client agencies and vendors.
- Operate as Initiative‘s liaison with client’s advertising agency and other communication resources.
- Maintain contact and rapport with media suppliers on an as-needed basis.
- Compile and coordinate research data and media/marketing information, analyzes data and issues and reports information to clients.
- Generate and maintain client masters.
- Oversee electronic job orders, print insertions and manage quality controls.
- Responsible for the collection of past due Account Receivables.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues and vendors
- 2 - 4 years experience in a jr. level account position at Initiative or an advertising/media agency
- Proven leadership ability
- 1+ years experience in managing or developing a staff preferred
- 2+ years proven traditional planning skills and knowledge of research tools and resources
IPG Media Brands - 10 months ago