PAC is a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications in industries such as refinery, petrochemical, biofuels, environmental, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical. To provide its customers with cutting edge technology, PAC leverages significant R&D resources to support its core technologies, including chromatography, elemental analysis, physical properties, and software applications
As assigned, work from engineering plans and production specifications to assist in the development of production schedules. Support Manufacturing Management in achieving accurate and timely customer orders. Support in the overall planning requirements for meeting minimum stocking levels and meeting customer orders. Assist Lead by creating/managing the production schedule. Oversee the creation of and maintenance of all production routers.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Work with the order entry team to develop multi-month linearized production plan.
- Manage and prioritize the schedule for all work in process (WIP).
- Level load production schedules taking into consideration materials availability, customer demand, lead times, and capacity.
- Coordinate the flow of WIP to the production floor based on completion dates that support “pull” schedule requirements.
- Plan and schedule materials to support inventory policies, WIP, and demand requirements.
- Identify material constraints and coordinate delivery schedules with Purchasing.
- Achieve and maintain proper inventory levels for all materials based on anticipated demand.
- Monitor and report on production fulfillment of scheduled demand.
- Coordinate the flow of information between Order Entry, Purchasing, Assembly Leads, Manufacturing Management, Quality and Shipping.
- Communicate potential deliver problems and last minute scheduling changes as a result of backlogs, design changes and material or labor shortages to Materials Manager and Customer Service.
- Notify Document Specialist of any ERP item updates and item related maintenance.
- Focal point for supply chain related issues.
- Participate in and contribute towards process improvement initiatives and goals.
- Understand and apply concepts of lean manufacturing including waste identification/elimination, level loading production schedules/lines, and Takt time calculations/application.
Planning responsibilities specific to Engineering:
- Assist with maintaining the materials and production requirements status for items needed for Engineering projects and prototype products.
- Facilitate “one-time” Bills of Material for prototype and beta build projects with engineering.
- Coordinate with the Document Control Specialist to ensure that items are entered into ERP system and that attributes are set correctly.
- Work with Engineering to ensure that Bills of Material are structured correctly.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure that routers are generated.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Assist in other areas to support the Supply Chain and Operations process as assigned.
- Overtime as required.
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
This Job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments.
- Initiative - Undertakes self-development activities.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
Knowledge & Skills :
- Basic understanding of MRP and production scheduling practices.
- Intermediate PC skills
- Intermediate - Advanced working knowlege of Excel
- Familiar with electro-mechanical assemblies and/or equipment.
- Good communication skills; written, oral and inter-personal.
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently and employ effective time management skills.
- Maintain familiarity with PAC product line.
- Strong emphasis on attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong emphasis on organizational skills.
- Basic understanding of applying level loading and Takt calculations to facility scheduling
Education Minimum Requirements/Equivalent:
- Associate’s degree in related field with two plus year’s experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Minimum one year planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working on and in ERP/MRP system, i.e., Oracle, SAP, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
PAC L.P. - 5 months ago