Key part of the supply chain, accountable for coordinating the material requirements planning in support of production schedules for existing and new product, and design changes. Minimizes raw material inventories while reducing purchasing costs and maximizing customer service. Manages excess and obsolete inventory costs while meeting business objectives. Collaborates heavily with internal and external customer community, including Vendors, Manufacturing, Engineering, Service, Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities (*identifies Essential Functions)
Education and Experience
- *Analyze forecast, actual demand, schedules and inventory and exercise judgment to influence manufacturing and buying decisions.
- *Determine material requirements from the manufacturing production schedules, engineering, validation and process development studies.
- *Review and analyze weekly raw material, components and finished goods requirements to meet specific schedules.
- *Review, prioritize, schedule and expedite the delivery of material components to meet target dates and prevent stock shortages.
- *Review new releases and engineering changes and attend design review and production meetings to provide all departments with material status in support of shop floor schedules.
- *Generate and release purchase requisitions for procurement through approved/qualified suppliers for raw materials and components.
- *Raise order fulfillment issues to management and key customers to propose mitigation strategies on a routine (daily/weekly) basis.
- *Manage inventory by determining and maintaining optimum quantity and cost levels.
- *Produce material planning inventory reports and presentations as required.
- *Provide management control information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- *Develop reports that measure performance and drive change throughout the supply chain.
- *Work with other business units on inventory and logistics planning of rollouts, inventory forecasting, yearly cost reduction initiatives, and continuous improvement of quality systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years of experience in Material Planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems
- CSCP-APICS certification preferred.
- Proactive and the ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks, objectives, and plans; communicate to users/customers accordingly
- Ability to organize complex work assignments and operate independently within procedural guidelines and management directives
- Ability to work with different departments and understanding of the role of different departments in the success and function of plant operations
- Ability to work effectively with internal customers and external service providers and vendors
- Report writing and system configuration management expertise
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills