Rincon Consultants is seeking Planners for our San Luis Obispo, Ventura & Monterey offices.
- Interact with various members of public agency and private client staff on all matters related to land use planning, CEQA/NEPA compliance, and land development/entitlements.
- Promote a culture of teamwork, engagement, quality service, and customer satisfaction to our public and private clients.
- Assist with the preparation of General Plans, Specific Plans, Community Plans, and other comprehensive planning documents.
- Provide background research for complex municipal planning projects and private land development projects.
- Lead presentations before various levels of municipal decision making bodies (Design Review, Planning Commission, Council, etc.).
- Assist with the preparation of all levels of CEQA/NEPA documents
- Through business and client development, assist in expanding Rincon’s California client base and revenue in the areas of contract municipal planning, land development/entitlement consulting, CEQA/NEPA compliance, and urban design services.
- Enhance Rincon’s professional reputation and demonstrate the ability to be creative and innovative with these tasks while representing Rincon in a professional manner
- Work closely with the Principal(s) and Senior Program Manager to promote our business interests in adherence with the company’s mission, vision, and values
Candidates should hold a BA/BS degree in environmental science, urban planning or a related discipline. The successful candidate will possess at least 3 years experience in government land use planning, land development/entitlements, urban design, and business development; strong communication, writing, and presentation skills are also required. Experience and/or a familiarity with preparing CEQA and/or NEPA documents and coastal planning is desired.
From: Rincon Consultants, Inc.
Rincon Consultants, Inc. - 12 months ago