Job Title: Planning & Program Administrator
Job ID: 03451
Division : Personal Lines
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Leads and manages large complex projects/programs for Personal Lines division; regularly successfully runs projects/programs with over 25 team members; regularly successfully runs projects of high complexity; regularly successfully runs high-risk projects. Delivers them on time, within budget, and in accordance with pre-defined specifications. Ensures effective integration and communication between multiple projects, and quality project performance information distribution. Also researches, provides and improves Divisional project management best practices through participation in Corporate Planning standards and best practices initiatives. Serves as a project/program manager on projects within Personal Lines division. Project management competencies are used independently and are substantially innovative.
- Program Management (40%)
- Leads a set of projects related by objective or dependencies. As a whole, the program is complex, sizeable, and carries higher risk. Programs have large budgets and require rigorous expense management.
- Leads project managers in project management disciplines.
- Establish program success measures at the on-set of the program and ensures success through the end of the program.
- Establish and execute communication plans for effective executive over-sight.
- Collaborates at a cross-divisional level to ensure success and issue resolution.
- Project Management (30%)
- Manages project scope and project integration to ensure that the various elements of the project are properly coordinated.
- Manages project time and cost to ensure timely completion of projects within acceptable budget tolerances.
- Manages project communications. This includes communications planning, information distribution, performance reporting, and administrative closure.
- Manages project risk. Ensures appropriate risk identification and control. This includes risk identification, risk quantification, risk response development, and risk response control.
- Manages project's resources. This includes organizational project planning, staff acquisition, and team development.
- Leverages available project management software tools and corporate resources to help plan and manage the project.
- Program/Project Management Expertise (15%)
- In collaboration with corporate planning team, represent Personal Lines to establish corporate standards and best practices.
- Execute corporate driven standards and best practices within Personal Lines.
- Mentoring / coaching project managers.
- Share standards and best practices of project management information within the division.
- Project Management Office/Planning (15%)
- Advises on project prioritization and resource capacity input.
- Assists management to implement divisional planning process and tools that link into corporation planning process.
- Supports writing, monitoring and implementation of divisional business plan.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Establishing Focus
- Organizational Awareness
- Relationship Building
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Ability to take over an at-risk, complex project and bring it to successful completion.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large complex programs involving the integration of multiple projects across functional areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Demonstrated skills in the following areas: customer and supplier relationships; analytical and tactical problem-solving skills; project integration.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 2 years ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...