Veolia Transportation/Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
Key Responsibilities/Duties: The Planning Administrator is directly responsible for all aspects of micro and macro route planning including taking the lead on all run cuts, establishing all vehicle runs, proper set up of all routes and vehicles to routes, proper anchoring of standing orders and overseeing changes to standing orders including ensuring proper communication to all riders regarding changes to standing orders to ensure optimum efficiency of all routing. To further ensure optimum productivity and minimal rider on-board time, the Planning Administrator, working with schedulers, utilizes Trapeze PASS scheduling tools to adjust routing parameters to ensure continual optimal route creation. This position is also responsible for establishing scheduler shifts and monitoring scheduler work quality and responsible for ensuring driver input is synthesized for integration into daily routes to maximize schedule quality and minimize rider complaints.
General Tasks/Duties: Key tasks, duties and responsibilities include:
Accepts input from riders, drivers, activists, community representatives, group van agencies, dialysis centers and other high activity centers regarding routes, timeliness of trips, etc., and synthesizes that input in a way to improve service, resolve complaints and service issues. Utilizes Trapeze generated data to also initiate planning/routing changes to improve service
- Direct oversight of all route planning and scheduling functions for SF Paratransit including SF Access and Group Van routes
- Ensuring rules related to standing orders including setting up new standing order trips, making changes to existing standing order trips, and managing trip levels (e.g., maximum 50% standing order levels as mandated by ADA, etc.) are observed
- Coaching and guiding schedulers on route creation, route review and related duties
- Working with the team on run cuts
- Working with dispatchers on day-to-day trip management
- Managing IVR functions to ensure proper customer service to riders
- Working with Veolia’s corporate business improvement team to ensure optimum management and operation of all Trapeze software systems and their proper use by end users such as dispatchers, reservationist, etc.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: Experience with routing/scheduling software systems and use and working knowledge of general mapping/directional tools and techniques is necessary. Proficiency with computers and excellent listening skills are also required for this position. Good math skills also important. Must have experience and ability in coaching, supervising and guiding direct reports.
Experience/Educational Requirements: At least a high school degree is required. Some college education (e.g., 2 years) preferred. Desired experience:
- Previous work as a driver or dispatcher preferably in a public transit, demand-responsive work environment
- Math teaching experience or work in relational statistics/mathematics
- Experience working with logical software products and computers
- Good geography and mapping skills
- Ability to give directions and read maps
Work Environment: Ninety-five percent (95%) of the work performed in the capacity of this position is in a professional office environment that is clean, well lit, and in compliance with the ADA’s Architectural Standards. Minimal lifting is required and never any more than twenty-five (25) pounds. The remaining five percent (5%) level of work may be performed off-site but never in unsafe or hazardous surroundings. The office is environmentally friendly and neither smoking nor artificial scents are permitted in the work environment.
Work Schedule: Position is full-time, generally Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, but the ability to work flexibly is necessary as position will require working some non-traditional business hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and some holidays.
Veolia Transportation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status
We're taking transportation in exciting new directions. Come along for the ride.
Join our team and help us bring forward a new era of...