Position Type :
Experience Level :
Start Date / End Date :
02/18/2013 / 02/18/2014
The primary scope of this position will require creation/maintenance of master data, bills of material, master recipes, data tables, and management of interfaces between manufacturing execution systems (MES) and SAP. Additionally, the position is required to schedule and maintain ongoing production planning activities in the co-ordination and execution of production schedules for all products manufactured at Malvern. This position is required to ensure timely release of intermediate and finished products based on the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and the Distribution Plan. This position focuses on the integration of the Planning and Manufacturing processes and is responsible for the management of the intermediates, while also ensuring that inventories are maintained within goal.
This position will also contribute to the development of policies, procedures, systems and processes for the Planning area to ensure the fluent supply of products and intermediates. Also, this position will assist in the implementation of the business planning systems and be responsible for the maintenance of the Planning master files and inventory reporting systems.
This position is a cross functional role within the Janssen Supply chain in communicating information, and will have strong links internally with manufacturing and quality with a collaborative role with Global Planning.
GENERAL SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage SAP interface with Manufacturing Execution system (MES) by maintaining SAP tables and sending all relevant information to MES system.
- Schedule and maintain ongoing production planning activities in the execution of the Master Production Schedule and the translation of the MPS into detailed production schedules for intermediates to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Maintain alignment of the various detailed production schedules with the MPS.
- Schedule and co-ordinate primary and supporting production planning activities to ensure timely release of intermediate and finished products based on the Master Production Schedule (MPS) and the Distribution Plan.
- Maintain material inventories within goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired products. Contribute to the global balancing of products within the Biologics Large Molecule API Platform.
- Set up and maintain SAP Master Recipes, Bills of Material (BOM’s) and Production versions.
- Maintain accurate SAP master data to ensure 100% system data accuracy at all times including areas such as MRP views and Work scheduling.
- Complete weekly MRP execution, or as required, by responding to planning run recommendations in SAP.
- Develop and coordinate schedules for the testing and release of products and intermediates.
- Ensure inventory and operational transactions are executed on time and Planning master files are maintained up to date.
- Co-ordination and completion of required compliance process activities including Change Control, Deviations, Events & CAPA’s.
- Develop, maintain and publish information on supply chain management benchmark’s and KPI’s
- Development and implementation of Business Planning and Control systems applications and processes.
- Development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the Planning Planning area.
- Contribute to site management operational and strategic initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with EHS, GMP’s and Business Compliance policies.
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES / INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTION –
• Development of an efficient and effective planning supply chain management processes and systems.
• Customer focused ensuring that customer requirements are clearly planned for and communicated within the organization.
• Results driven, while ensuring the optimization and efficient use of Janssen supply chain resources.
• Contribute to the innovation and continuous improvement within Janssen supply chain.
• Ensure a clearly identifiable work ethos.
• Collaborative and cross-functional with all other departments within Janssen Global Planning and Product Management.
• Ensure department and personnel goals and objectives are completed and reviewed in a timely and efficient manner.
• Perform at both a strategic and tactical levels within and across the organization.
• Ensure a high level of integrity and implementation of Credo-based actions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• High level of SAP Material master module experience working with bills of material, recipes, and interface tables.
• Experience in production planning supply chain management in a pharmaceutical environment.
• Strong knowledge and experience of working in SAP PP (Production Planning) and MM (Material Master) modules.
• A thorough knowledge of MRP and inventory management.
• Qualification in a Business discipline or qualification in supply chain management or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Achieved or working towards a qualification in Supply Chain Management (APICS)
• Experience in the implementation, development and execution of business planning and control systems.
• Experience in manufacturing operations and shop floor scheduling
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to be able to collect, consolidate, analyze, summarize and report on large volumes of supply chain data.
• Application knowledge of business planning and control systems.
• Ability to be able to benchmark and continuously improves business planning and supply chain management processes.
• Very Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to be able to operate in a collaborative and cross-functional organization.
• Customer focused.
• Innovative in the development and design of supply chain processes and systems.
• Very good problem solving and resolution implementation skills.
• Results and performance driven.
• Highly motivated, adaptable and flexible.
• Strong planning and organizational skills.
Significant Safety or Working Considerations:
Comply with the requirements of the company's Environmental, Health & Safety Policy, Safety Statement, associated EHS Procedures and duties outlined in the Safety Health & Welfare at Work Act.
A10 - 17 months ago