There is a community that exists inside our organization. Working as a team at Ashford University, we build partnerships while providing opportunities for students and employees to grow and become their best. We nurture our employees and strive to promote from within.
Ashford University’s vision is to provide high-quality, accessible and affordable degree programs that meet the diverse educational needs of individuals pursuing informed personal goals and success in their professions and communities.
Ashford University was founded on the principle that education improves lives. Ashford University employees witness such change every day. Ashford University is doing well by doing good, and we value the opportunity we've been given.
The Planning Analyst position is a full-time employment opportunity. This individual will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of processes to support strategic and annual planning at Ashford University, development of branded presentation materials and support communication efforts and reporting of planning documentation and data.
Essential Job Duties:
- Utilize project management skills and technology to develop, track, and manage project workflows and schedules and alert personnel of milestones and deadlines.
- Develop cohesive, branded document templates, reports, presentations and integrate, cross-reference, and label elements within the documentation.
- Systematically explore external trends that may impact the direction and goals of the University.
- Collect and synthesize data and information from multiple sources into coherent, user-friendly formats, including written reports, for dissemination to a variety of audiences.
- Create advanced presentations to support university planning discussion.
- Review, evaluate, and recommend appropriate technology, keeping up to date on changing needs of the department and technologies to address those needs.
- Compile, organize, and maintain department print and electronic document archives and provide assistance to others who require information from or access to such archives.
- Exercise independent judgment in assessing issues, drawing conclusions from data, and making recommendations for changes to processes and systems.
- Collaborate with personnel from various Ashford, Bridgepoint, and University of the Rockies departments as needed.
- Provide planning assistance to the University of the Rockies as requested.
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Commitment to Mission: Aligns with the Core Values of Integrity, Ethics, and Service through behaviors that demonstrate a positive commitment to the customer and the organization.
- Communication: Aligns with the Core Values of Service through oral and written communication skills and internal/external relationships.
- Service: Encompasses the company’s core values of service; including service to the organization, customer community.
- Personal Planning: Aligns with personal accountability and responsibility.
Looking for additional insight on this specific role? Not sure if the job is for you, but know someone who sounds like a perfect fit? Email us at: TalentAcquisition@bridgepointeducation.com and someone with the inside track would be more than happy to be a resource for you!
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Knowledge of higher education and technology environments
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook) Adobe Acrobat (MS Project preferred) and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator and/or InDesign)
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze problems and processes and develop written proposals for solutions.
- Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources into a coherent, easily accessible form to inform decision making.
- Ability to take initiative, and to work independently and as part of a team to provide timely, high-quality, client-focused service.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects, and meet immediate and changing deadlines.
- Basic experience producing reports with graphics in Microsoft Word
- Experience working with graphic design software
Note: This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history and a professional reference check; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended.
- Preferred Master’s Degree
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
Our Parent Organization: Bridgepoint Education has built its corporate culture around its core values; ethics, integrity, service and accountability. Ethics is a central part of employee training and is reinforced on a daily basis. Integrity in the way we treat both internal and external constituents is paramount to Bridgepoint Education's success. Service at the highest level is expected and recognized. Last, accountability toward one's co-workers, students and role within the organization has allowed Bridgepoint Education to cultivate a high-quality management team.
By providing both online and campus-based programs at Ashford University and University of the Rockies, Bridgepoint Education offers access to both traditional and adult learners seeking high quality, convenient higher education degree programs.
We offer our team competitive benefits (M/V/D/401k/ESPP) and salaries, a safe work environment, innovative training, accelerated career advancement, the ability to take classes and programs gratis, and a collegiate and collaborative environment to work and grow in. Ashford University understands that our success depending on the development of strong leadership within the organization.
To be considered an applicant, all interested and qualified parties MUST apply through the Ashford University online employment application system.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Ashford University is an Affirmative Action employer that provides Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, or Vietnam-era or special veteran status. This policy is established and administered in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed at 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report. The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com.
Wait, there’s more… For more cool up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @BPEdCareers and @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...