For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
CITS Strategy & Planning is seeking an experienced IT Analyst in
• Providing guidance and leadership to IT/Engineering project development teams with Infrastructure/Environment Planning and Provisioning
• Engagement with architecture and portfolio teams to plan and estimate infrastructure requirements
• Driving Operational Efficiencies through adoption and promotion of the enterprise Infra Provisioning Engagement model
• Achieving simplification through direct engagement with the elimination of the “middleman”.
• Retaining client intimacy through focused stakeholder engagements and redirecting focus on upfront Infra Planning instead of execution/deliveries.
The individual will initiate and drive the planning and execution of key strategic objectives and processes. In addition to serving as the communication bridge among client organizations, IT and GIS, he/she will be responsible for infrastructure planning and forecasting, including budget planning. The role requires solid ability to forge a strong link and collaboration with Global Business Partners and Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) (ie. Middle Tier, Database, Compute and Network Services) to define, plan, and deliver the required infrastructure environments to the program teams. Ability to engage various cross functional groups such as Architectures, ACES, ARB, Design & Implementation Teams and Operations, program/project managers is a must, with focus on providing an optimized and cost-effective solution to our clients.
The ideal candidate is articulate and possesses the desired blend of process expertise and broad perspective that facilitate balancing individual business needs with overall company objectives.
Key job responsibilities:
1. Implement the long term infrastructure engagement model to enable CITS Strategy, Planning & Ops team to focus on Infra Planning through to Infra Provisioning Commit Phase.
2. Drive Infra Planning, forecast and estimates. Engage Portfolio Managers and Service Managers in forecasting and defining the Plan/Roadmap. Establish vision and define high level strategy for program implementation.
3. Track architecture bundles and reconcile client funding vs plan. Rebalance portfolio and budget as appropriate.
4. Validate program roadmap to ensure architecture alignment as well as Clarity and Propel Governance Compliance.
5. Educate Client and Ensure Process & Policy Compliance (e.g. Architect, Infra Provisioning, PLC, best practices, CR, Escalation, etc.).
6. Build and Manage Client/Stakeholder Relationship. Establish productive and reciprocal relationships, manage stakeholders. Partner with Finance, Governance and Business Ops Teams MSD Validation and FinABC Facilitation
7. Define success metrics and provide various reports such as Propel Dashboard, Demand Bundles, Metrics, and Portfolio Architecture Bundle Reports
8. Manage discovery sessions and secure commit on delivery dates and final Cost.
Critical job skills required:
1. Solid skill in Planning and Prioritization is a must-have. The individual will apply the planning and prioritization processes to align team and resources towards the most important business objectives. We need to move from “crisis management” to good project infra planning and forecasting.
2. Excellence Facilitation – This role is highly cross functional and requires interactions with various GBPs, including senior management. The individual must consult and develop strong partnership with the Business clients and IT. Client/Stakeholder Management and Cross Functional Influence – The individual must have influential skills to secure client buy-in and consulting-shared expertise.
3. GIS E2E Infra Provisioning Process Knowledge – highly desirable. Understand IT Data Center terminology (ie. SAN, NAS, Cloud, VM configurations, Middleware, etc.)
4. Other highly desirable skills are:
• Project Management
• Change management
• Conflict Management
• Risk Identification and Mitigation
• Time Management
• Presentation and Demonstration
• Written Communication Planning
Other position requirements:
Requires BS/BA with a minimum of 2-3 years of IT experience. Business knowledge in Cisco, Services, and/or IT processes and systems a big plus.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...