SolarWinds is looking for a Financial Planning Analyst to support the company’s financial organization through ongoing budget planning and tracking and coordination of departmental expense reporting. The Financial Analyst will be responsible for preparing detailed operating and capital budget plans and will own key finance systems and processes for tracking, analyzing, and reporting on company investment initiatives. The position will entail periodic budget reviews with members of SolarWinds’ leadership teams, requiring a desire and ability to understand and explain to key decision makers how initiatives across the organization are interrelated.
Financial Planning Analyst Job Requirements
- Responsible for the company’s planning process
- Includes forecasting income statement, balance sheet and cash flow on a monthly basis
- Requires preparation of detailed operating and capital budgets
- Manage planning software (currently Adaptive Planning)
o Implement a replacement solution
o Prepare easy-to-use reports and analysis for senior management
- Operating Plan:
- Responsible for the annual operating plan
- Budget by month, by department
- Update for quarterly results and reforecast the annual amounts
- Preparation of quarterly budget targets by department
- Prepare monthly budget variance analysis
- Conduct monthly budget reviews with department owners
- Re-forecast remainder of quarter after actuals are posted for first and second month of the quarter
- Analyze key expense items and build detailed forecast models that incorporate key business drivers and changes in business metrics
- For example: benefits by country, travel, credit card fees, etc.
- Understanding of impact to results from change in f/x rates
- Work closely with Accounting team for the implementation of a purchase order system and integrate PO process into budget process
- Work closely with Purchasing team to analyze financial implications of new contracts, agreements, and commitments; incorporate changes of contracts into plan
- Capital Plan:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual capital budget
- Formalize process for capital requests, including rationale for requesting capital item (revenue enhancing, cost savings, etc.)
- Build model to incorporate impact of capital budget on operating plan (depreciation) and cash flow
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of fixed asset changes, including additions, write down of fully depreciated assets, etc.
- Monthly Forecasted Financial Statements
- Preparation of monthly income statement (GAAP and non-GAAP), balance sheet and cash flow
- Monthly variance analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting, Finance, Math, Engineering, or Science degrees a plus.
- 1-3 years’ prior experience in an analytical role with an emphasis on financial analysis, expense analysis, and forecasting.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, functions) as well as an ability to work with large amounts of data.
- Strong organization skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and proven ability to complete projects on time.
- Interest in learning new tools, processes, and systems.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently synthesize large amounts of data for senior management.
- High level of attention and commitment to detail.
SolarWinds - 20 months ago
Since our founding in 1999, SolarWinds’ (NYSE: SWI) mission has been to provide products that are designed to make IT...