Director of Strategy and Planning
The Director of Strategy and Planning is responsible for the overall brand and strategic communications strategies for their assigned brands. Within the cross-disciplinary agency team, the Director of Strategy and Planning is the advocate for the consumer and the master of category trends. Utilizing the latest research methodologies, he/she will be responsible for unearthing cultural, consumer and market insights that will help drive the development of business and brand strategies, inspire creative ideation and propel clients’ businesses to move forward.
· Lead the client strategic thinking process (from defining the brand proposition, questioning assumptions and strengthening connection to target audiences)
· Uncover meaningful insights from both traditional and non-traditional resources, and ensure all brand communication is focused on target audience mindsets and behaviors
· Craft inspirational creative briefs and lead the creative briefing process to foster the development of breakthrough communications ideas and executions
· Partner with Geometry Global creative teams to ensure creative alignment to defined strategic platforms
· Write and present agency POVs and strategic recommendations
· Identify growth opportunities for clients
· Assist in the development of market research
· Recommend how findings can be used to deliver a successful marketing program and campaign that meets business and brand goals
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelors degree required; Masters preferred
· 8-10 years agency experience, preferably in Research/Strategic Planning/Account Planning
· Must have deep MSO-category expertise
· Conceptual thinker with experience developing effective and actionable strategic plans at both brand and tactical communication levels
· Experience with designing channel agnostic activation programs
· Must be research savvy, with working knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative best practices, as well as emerging digital research methodologies
· Ability to synthesize large data sets in order to uncover compelling, original and motivating human truths and insights
· Outstanding presenter with the ability to inspire internal and client teams alike
· Strong communicator with an ability to impart complex technical information simply, efficiently and effectively
· Highly collaborative professional with a proven ability to partner with account and creative leadership to promote agency points-of-view, advocate for creative work and partner with clients to help grow their businesses
To apply online, please click the following link:
G2 USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and great training programs.
With the high volume of replies we receive, it is not possible for us to personally respond to all prospective candidates. Please be assured that your resume will be reviewed and you will be contacted if there is an interest in your background and experience.