Oxy is a growing, action-oriented exploration and production company continually working to be one of industry’s best. Our success has and will continue to be dependent upon our talented workforce. We are currently looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Planning Analyst for our Vintage Production California, LLC business unit. Vintage is composed of more than 70 fields encompassing approximately 1 million acres, including both developed and undeveloped acreage, located in the Ventura, San Joaquin, and Sacramento Basins. Fields and recovery methods include waterfloods, and primary development in unconventional and conventional reservoirs.
- Provide engineering input and economic evaluations for future capital projects.
- Perform “look backs” (Capital Post Audits) of executed projects.
- Outlook production and capital expenditures for all the different assets based on activity changes and performance of projects, as well as new acquisitions.
- Perform and update long term strategic planning for specific assets.
- Frame projects in order to analyze risks and decisions.
- Participate in the Reserves Cycle process.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related discipline. MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of planning experience.
- Understanding of economics and willingness/aptitude to learn spreadsheet-based economic modeling.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Excel macro experience a plus).
- Strong PEEP or similar economic analysis software skills.
- Understanding of field development alternatives (drilling, completion, facilities and production operations).
- Ability to interact effectively with cross functional team members and outside personnel at various levels of responsibility, and handle a variety of roles within a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to produce quick and accurate results with limited data under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle several concurrent projects.
- Must be self-motivated and adaptable, with strong interpersonal skills.
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company with operations in the...