Currently the fifth largest producer of natural gas in the United States, Southwestern Energy Company is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. We are also focused on creating and capturing additional value through our natural gas gathering and marketing business, which we refer to as Midstream Services. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It’s a commitment that has motivated our employees for more than 80 years. Every day w e are explorers and producers , working to discover innovative new ways to fuel the future. Our culture demands creativity and innovation, and we foster this by building programs and procedures that make our company and industry better. We give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. It’s important to us to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment. We reward team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits. We support our employees with opportunities to participate in ongoing development training and support groups.
We are at the forefront of several significant projects, including the Fayetteville Shale and Marcellus Shale plays. In fact, Southwestern Energy was the first to discover the economic viability of the Fayetteville Shale and is the largest producer of its natural gas. In a few short years, we achieved two significant milestones – total gross operated production of 2 Bcf per day and surpassed 2 Tcf cumulative gross operated production. In the Marcellus, our gross operated production reached 300 MMcf at year-end 2012. Our work is also well known in the Arkoma Basin in Western Arkansas, East Texas, and we have exploratory efforts in the Brown Dense, located near the Arkansas-Louisiana border, Colorado’s Denver-Julesburg Basin, Utah and New Brunswick, Canada.
This position will provide the successful candidate the opportunity to gain insight into the overall operations of the Company.
The Planning Engineer will be responsible for:
- Coordinating & creating the ArkLaTx Division’s annual capital budget.
- Tracking actual results versus budget projections.
- Providing monthly updates on production and capital forecasts.
- Assisting with the preparation of Quarterly Reviews and compilation of Investor Relations Material.
- Maintaining and evaluating an inventory of the Division’s assets and opportunities.
- Special projects as requested by Reservoir Engineering and Planning Manager.
- Interfacing with operating teams to analyze project results.
- Building and maintain full field development models.
- Presenting information to Division General Manager and Executive Management.
- Researching and Tracking results from liquid rich play operators.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular full-time basis without restrictions.
- A qualified candidate must be proficient in economic evaluations and have a solid understanding of oilfield operations and reservoir engineering. This position reports to the Planning Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and reliably solve problems; ability to work well with other groups. Strong team working skills.
- Experience in shale plays and/or multi-rig development programs is preferred.
- Must be experienced in ARIES, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, and Excel.
- 2+ years of engineering experience.
- BS in engineering. Preference given for advanced degree in either engineering or business administration
SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
SouthWestern Energy Company - 10 months ago