The Planning Department Intern opportunity will provide valuable experience related to planning and development related matters, under the supervision of the Planning Director and at the direction of the Development Services Coordinator. The position will provide unique challenges and exposure to a wide range of project types. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following: researching and processing development applications, assist staff in collecting and preparing data for various planning projects, assist with meetings preparation, conduct field work, collect parcel data and research land records. As needed, perform basic office functions such as answering phones, data entry, file management, making copies, scanning various documents, and customer service.
- Research and process development applications
- Coordination and logistical support for meetings
- Maintenance of Planning Department website and social media outlets
- Record maintenance
- Communicate development process updates and information verbally to clients and in written format
- Currently enrolled as a junior or higher level at any accredited university with a relevant major in Urban Planning, Environmental Studies, Geography or related discipline.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Ability to create and maintain complex spreadsheets and documents.
- Highly organized and detail oriented a must.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proactive problem solver with good organizational and people skills.
Complete online application at Cedar Hill City Website at www.cedarhilltx.com. The City of Cedar Hill can no longer accept actual/faxed applications. ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED. There are computers at the Cedar Hill Library for applicants that do not have access to a computer at home.
If you are having trouble with the NEOGOV Applicant tracking site, please call the NEOGOV technical support number at 1-888-636-4681 ext. 201.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Cedar Hill will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your needs. For any special requests, please call Human Resources at 972-291-5100, ext 1050.
The City of Cedar Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of genetic information in compliance with GINA, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, or disability in hiring, conditions, or termination of employment. Final applicants for employment with the City of Cedar Hill are subject to drug testing and background screening.
CITY OF CEDAR HILL
285 Uptown Blvd Bldg #100
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
City of Cedar Hill, TX - 20 months ago