The Planning Manager oversees planning and scheduling of AMS products for all devices business units (including Men’s Health, Women’s Health and Prostate Health), as well as detailed scheduling for the Minnetonka facility. The scope of this role includes finished goods global demand planning, inventory planning (including establish and monitor inventory levels, safety stock and turns), Supply planning (for all AMS facilities), production planning for the Minnetonka facility and owns and leads the AMS-wide Sales and Operations Planning process.
This position requires experience in systemic planning and proven success in leading for results in a matrix organizational structure across multiple sites. The individual will interact with most company functions including product management, sales, R&D and manufacturing and at various levels, including executive leadership, business unit, geography and functional leadership, as well as individual contributors. This leader also owns the planning process and systems.
This position requires strong competency S&OP and in the utilization of ERP based planning tools and associated reports. Success in this position will be enhanced by strong process affinity and the ability to create, execute and lead planning processes.
All positions are responsible for following applicable AMS policies and procedures as defined by their manager.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
INVENTORY PLANNING & SUPPLY PLANNING
- Manage staff of direct and indirect analysts and planners to produce regional demand plans for all products to be rolled up into a global demand plan. Collaboration in finalizing the demand plan with marketing/product management and sales management is essential.
- Develop and execute demand forecasting processes. Utilize Demantra to generate statistical demand forecasts as an input to demand planning.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPI), such as service levels and forecast accuracy, to measure progress and to drive continuous improvement.
- Work with Marketing and R&D to agree on demand plans for new products and with Marketing and Sales to agree on demand plan for products to be phased out.
- Collaborate continuously with all sources of supply to remain up to date on status of supply.
- Respond to changes in the demand forecast when unexpected, significant change in demand is experienced.
- Analyze data and develop recommendations to effectively bridge supply constraints, including shortages.
- Contribute or lead actions to allocate product when demand exceeds supply.
- Manage the interaction and communication processes with Supply Planning/Scheduling and Manufacturing functions to ensure effective capacity and raw material planning.
PRODUCTION SCHEDULING (Minnetonka only)
- Manage staff of danalysts, planners, and managers to establish finished goods stock targets for all stocking locations based upon statistical methods that incorporate supply and demand variability with established basis of service.
- Direct the establishment of inventory safety stock levels to meet company on-time shipment objectives.
- Collaborate with product and supply management to agree on basis of service for finished goods.
- Maintain planning attributes for distribution requirements planning and assure execution.
- Utilize DRP (Distribution Requirements Planning) to trigger FG replenishment between DC’s.
- Develop the net FG requirements plan 18 months out (supply Plan) as an input for the Manufacturing Plants.
- Establish key performance indicators, such as inventory turns, on time order fill rate, back orders, and open orders, to measure and drive improvement.
SALES & OPERATIONS PLANNING (S&OP)
- Manage schedulers and work closely with the Manufacturing Director, Manager, and/or Supervisors to establish shop floor schedules that meet the FG requirements.
- Establish metrics for the shop floor scheduling process like Performance to plan.
- Ensure schedules are realistic and executable from a material and capacity perspective.
- Improve and lead the global S&OP process to drive cross-functional alignment and decisionmaking, including a package of standard metrics, documented decisions/assumptions and reconciliation to the financial/business plan.
- Lead the monthly sales and operations planning process by liaison with Marketing, Sales, R&D, Finance and Operations facilities globally.
- Develop strong working relationships globally with all key functions, achieving consensus on forecast models and achieving targeted forecast accuracy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, business or equivalent.
- APICS CPIM and CSCP certifications are a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operations with significant supply chain experience. Experience managing forecasting, distribution requirements planning and capacity requirements planning in a multi-plant, multi-distribution center environment is essential.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience.
- Proven experience leading or supporting major change initiatives involving evaluation of systems, process, structures, locations and people.
- Experience in fully utilizing an integrated global ERP system.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications. Management reserves the right to change or modify such duties as required.
- Excellent business acumen, judgment and interpersonal / communication skills.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and analysis in developing new strategies and initiatives.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization; build strong relationships across global AMS.
- Proven leadership skills to effectively lead, develop and coach a high performing team.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a changing, growing environment with multiple key priorities.
- Action-oriented, well organized and capable of influencing and leading others to affect successful outcomes.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of all Supply Chain Management processes.
- Making decisions with high integrity.
American Medical Systems - 10 months ago
Purchasing American Medical Systems' products could make a few of us blush, but they are important nonetheless. AMS is a leading maker...