Manage the planning department, ensuring customer orders are On Time and Complete (OTC) while keeping manufacturing costs within standards. Responsible for the safety, training & development, performance & performance appraisals, discipline and hiring of a four person department working day shift Monday thru Friday. Weekend work will be required occasionally and availability by phone 24/7 is expected. Develop and manage the department budget. Liaise internally with all departments and externally with Huhtamaki’s centralized Customer Service group. Manage the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain a positive and professional attitude that reflects the company’s commitment to safety, employee and customer satisfaction, quality, and continuous improvement.
· Direct and coordinate the activities of the planning department.
· Ensure material availability to manufacturing supports the production schedule.
· Control the planning schedules to ensure product is being produced in a timely and efficient manner.
· Provide manufacturing with attainable production goals.
· Communicate regularly with Customer Service the status of orders and issues that affect OTC.
· Communicate regularly with manufacturing any issues that may impact service to the customer.
· Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Generates SOPs when required.
· Analyze data to confirm Planning is providing world class service to their internal and external customers.
· Participate in all safety and continuous improvement programs and initiatives.
· Manage budget performance against forecast.
· Office work including phone calls and meetings - 50%
· Working with own department - 25%
· Working with other departments and manufacturing floor - 25%
· Able to use hands and fingers to operate computer
· Some automobile or air travel is required.
Education and Experience
· Bachelors Degree – Business with 5+ years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 2 years in a supervisory position. Food packaging manufacturing preferred.
· 10+ years of planning experience in a manufacturing environment with at least 5 years in a supervisory position. Food packaging manufacturing preferred.
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes required.
· Experience in Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma preferred
· Familiarity with front office administration, internal and external warehouse management and purchasing a plus.
· Computer literate – ERP/MRP required, AS400 preferred, must be fluent in MS Office.
· Ability to successfully communicate in English, orally and in writing, both inside and outside the organization and at all levels.
· Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within an extremely fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
· Ability to solve problems in a team environment thinking creatively.
· Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives.
· Ability to build relationships and work across a multi-product line organization.
· Ability to facilitate continuous improvement projects.
· Ability to develop programs and train personnel at various levels of the organization.
· Highly organized and works well under pressure.
*Huhtamaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer