Parsons Brinckerhoff is providing Program Management services for the California High-Speed Rail Program (CHSTP). This multi-billion dollar project will plan, design and construct an 800 mile high-speed rail passenger service, which will run from Sacramento in the North and San Diego in the South, with major interchange hubs in between, including San Francisco and Los Angeles. This will be the first, true high-speed rail project in America, with trains operating at up to 220 mph.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Planning Program Manager to work on CHSTP in Sacramento, reporting directly to the Program Management Team’s Planning Director.
- Assist the Planner Director in the preparation of station and transit-oriented development around the stations and planning for transit connectivity and integration of the CAHSR into the local transportation and land use context.
- Assist in the review of Program Management Team and Regional Consultant planning activities and deliverables for the project, also the management of station area funding agreements, for segments in urban and rural settings.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures to guide the development of a sound transportation plan for the CHSTP.
- Provide regular summary reports to provide awareness of key project parameters, and assist with exceptions.
- As directed by the California High Speed Rail Authority managers, represent the CHSTP before boards, stakeholders and public.
- A Master’s degree from an accredited university in Planning or related field.
- Active AICP Certification is preferred.
- At least 15 years experience in planning for large infrastructure and transportation programs, preferable involving heavy rail, light rail, metro systems and associated horizontal development.
- Must be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with all program management teams’ levels including the CHSRA and Regional Consultants.
- Ability to work in the US immediately.
Parsons Brinckerhoff - 18 months ago
Parsons Brinckerhoff is a leader in developing and operating infrastructure around the world, with approximately 14,000 employees dedicated...