Job ID: 5211
Stericycle is seeking a Transportation & Plant at the Stericycle Lincoln NE facility!
We are looking for an individual who will be overseeing both the Transportation and Plant Operations.
This individual will be managing the transportation department at the Lincoln & Omaha locations and provide the leadership within the assigned district and act as the liaison between customers, operations, drivers and the support team.
Also, this individual will be supervising the safe and efficient handling and processing of regulated medical waste. Ensures the plant consistently meets regulatory and safety compliance measures and operates in a productive and profitable manner.
Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff:
Supervise all assigned route managers and Transportation members, by performing periodic “ride alongs”, ensuring that they perform their functions in a safe and productive manner.
- Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop a qualified, diverse workforce.
- Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals.
- Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
- Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization of resources.
- Counsels employees on educational and job opportunities, which will enhance their career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, changes, and new developments in the department and company by conducting periodic meetings.
- Administers all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
- Monitors and ensures that employees are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
- Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
- Ensures the plant meets regulatory and safety compliance measures and operates in a productive and profitable manner.
- Maintain overall cost control of the plant. Ensures continuous improvement of productivity standards and worker safety performance in all phases of the operation.
- Interface proactively with personnel to achieve business goals.
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction, either internally or externally.
- Initiate actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions or practices.
- Training off all new plant and monthly training of current plant personnel.
- Perform periodic facility audits, review of all applicable regulatory paperwork, e.g., biological testing, WW testing, etc.).
- Provides for equipment maintenance and troubleshooting when necessary.
- Performs the duties/responsibilities of a Plant Worker as needed.
Oversees and participates in the maintenance of Driver Qualification Files, DOT Log Files and Vehicle Condition Reports for all drivers and equipment.
Ensures DQF, DOT Logs and VCR are accurate and complete; must maintain DOT files.
Maintain high level of customer satisfaction through customer site visits.
Review payroll hours to ensure overtime hours are necessary and all employees are working efficiently.
Perform pre-employment screening activities, new route manager orientation, reviews of route managers and monthly safety meetings.
Back up Drivers in their absence.
Ensure maintenance is performed on the physical assets.
Maintain and manage inventory supplies to ensure that adequate inventories are maintained at all times.
- Education equivalent to graduation from High school, or the equivalent in related work experience. Some college preferred.
- Two or more years of Transportation/Logistic experience required, demonstrating the ability to plan and supervise the work of others.
- Commercial Vehicle Driving experience preferred, but not required.
- Maintains current Driver’s License (at least an enhanced driver's license class E), with an excellent driving record. CDL preferred.
- Maintains a current Medical Examiner’s Certificate (MEC) issued by a doctor approved by Stericycle.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. Requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Hazardous Materials, DOT, OSHA and EPA Regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications to include spreadsheets and word processing.
- Demonstrates knowledge of inventory management and routing and rerouting.
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 20%
Monster - 12 months ago
Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble, Stericycle treats medical rubble. A leading medical and pharmaceutical waste management company,...