This role is responsible for performing a variety of accounting duties according to established policies and procedures. Primary responsibilities require working experience as a cost accountant or cost analyst in a manufacturing e nvironment.
All matters listed herein are considered to be essential job functions. There may be other job functions which are essential, but are not listed below. Also, Borden Dairy Management may revise this description at any time deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Balance and final raw milk receipts daily for all loads received.
- Prepare daily production reports that summarize plant shrinkage.
- Prepare bulk tanker sales reports for cream sales tacking, invoicing and market reporting.
- Prepare pasteurizing reports daily used for production reporting.
- Prepare analysis that compares receiving locations raw milk weights and butter fat % tests to milk supplier’s raw milk weights and butter fat % tests.
- Prepare machine efficiency reporting including machine shift downtime reasons, filler by hour and downtime by shift that can be used by plant management to help improve productivity.
- Enter all production data into AS400 daily/monthly.
- Prepare and file the Market Administrator Report by the 7th calendar day each month.
- Reconcile intercompany transfers between production locations weekly.
- Reconcile vault (cooler) over and shorts daily/monthly and make corrections as needed.
- Reconcile all plant inventories at month end for finished goods, packaging, ingredients and raw milk (physical to book).
- Coordinate with master data that product standards are updated monthly for any raw milk, packing and ingredient changes. All product overhead rates should be reviewed on a regular basis and updated as needed.
- Assist controller in the preparation of financial data required for monthly forecasting and annual budgeting process.
- Provide other production ad-hoc reporting (daily, weekly, and monthly) as needed by management.
- Perform other accounting duties as requested by management.
Borden Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor degree in Business or Finance. CPA or Masters Degree in Business or Finance a plus.
- Must have minimum of three years as a cost accountant or cost analyst and worked in a manufacturing environment, experience in AS400 and /or green screen is preferred.
- ROSS, JDE and/or SAP financial system knowledge will be beneficial.
- Must have strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess above average Microsoft Office/EXCEL software skills, have strong follow-up and follow through capabilities with superior attention to detail and have the ability to perform at a high level in a fast paced environment