- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting. Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting and plant operation.
- Collects appropriate data for federal, state, and local reports and tax returns.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of accounting processes.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Strong experience in managing and supervising employees (i.e. A/P clerk, Purchasing clerk, etc...) in the accounting process.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include: the training and safety of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- BS Degree in Accounting or a related degree
- Five (5) to eight (8) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong communication skills; media, verbal and writing.
- Strong computer skills, including proven expertise in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of AS400 software is a bonus
Headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) is a leading manufacturer of packaging products for consumer marketing...