PURPOSE & OBJECTIVES / ACCOUNTABILITY
This position reports directly to the Director of Finance and is responsible for overseeing the utility plant accounting processes including capital budgets and forecasting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Ensure that capital work orders and plant records are in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Support the financial close by ensuring accurate and timely closing of work orders and recording of depreciation and AFUDC.
- Responsible for reconciling work order, plant asset and accumulated depreciation sub-ledgers to the general ledger.
- Prepare work order, plant accounting and capital expenditure reports and schedules for financial and regulatory reporting purposes.
- Establish, implement and ensure compliance with internal controls
- Assist in preparing the annual capital budget
- Support regulatory filings
- Considerable knowledge of utility plant accounting processes, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the Code of Federal Regulations
- 2-5 years utility plant accounting experience
- Ability to analyze, interpret and report complex financial information
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database applications
- Experience with Great Plains system would be an asset
- CPA/CMA preferred
This position is based out of the Company’s South or North Lake Tahoe office
- Strong organizational, analytical, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Dynamic team player that also works well independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- 2 years ago - save job
Liberty Utilities provides a superior customer experience through walk-in customer centers, locally focused conservation and energy...