Auto req ID |
Delta Faucet Company
Job Posting Category
Our Greensburg, IN facility has a great opportunity for a Jr. Accountant.
The Jr. Accountant provides accounting and financial support to ensure sound internal controls and accounting in accordance with GAAP and company policy. This person will process payroll and prepare financial reports to determine and maintain record of assets, liabilities, and other financial activities within the organization.
A good understanding of the overall manufacturing and production flow along with a good understanding of GAAP is important to this position. Business areas such as salable products, inventory, purchasing etc. impact this position because of the reporting of financials and analytical work. This person needs to stay abreast of business concepts, new products, and new processes within the plant in order to successfully execute the duties of this position. The Jr. Accountant works directly with Managers, Team Leaders, Group Leaders and associates on different production issues such as scrap, labor, etc. This person also works with corporate and Masco on various issues. The Jr. Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager at the Greensburg Plant.
- Process Hourly Payroll
- Maintain Fixed Asset system, additions, disposals, transfers and depreciation
- Daily Operations Reports (financials, PO, Scrap)
- Prepare month-end close journal entries, detailed reports, and reconciliations
- Prepares monthly reports for management review
- Assist with Inventory Controls including verification that the plant is operating within Masco inventory control policies
Education and Experience/Skills:
- The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor degree in accounting and 1-3 years of manufacturing accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This person should have knowledge of business operations, including cost, financial, and business components.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel) is required.
- It is essential that this individual has excellent communication skills along with analytical abilities.
Masco - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Masco's ideal customer is a home improvement junkie with a thing for cabinets -- and a hand-washing fetish. The company is a leading...