Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Plant Accountant will focus on financial areas including fixed asset management, physical raw material inventories, reconciliations, journal entries, monthly close, running month-end reports, petty cash, Sarbanes Oxley testing and maintenance, support Candy Store operations, special projects, weekly reporting, payroll backup and maintaining production reporting systems. The ability to work independently with many different Plant disciplines is a critical component of success as is the ability to ensure accuracy of reports and analysis under tight time deadlines. Additionally, being able to multi-task and working on projects with little direction is required.
SAP Routing Responsibility:
Coordinate with the Corporate Standards Group to ensure that SAP Routing and BOM development and maintenance process is timely an accurate so that ongoing reporting is reflected against credible standards.
Plant Accounting and Controls Support Admin Services for all accounting related activities including:
- Take ownership of month-end close processes which includes: Running month-end reports before close week, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Month-end reporting – waste, overweights, rework, key measures, SOX documentation etc.
- Sarbanes Oxley testing – complete yearly testing requirements and support quarterly sign-offs
- Physical Inventories – Support month-end physical counts of raw materials, WIP, and finished goods. Participate in spot inventories during the month.
- SAP - Run test settlements, clear COGI, clear OS&Ds.
- Tracking costs of sales samples and transferring to internal order.
- Other - Petty cash control and administration of recognition awards.
Fixed Asset Administration – Assume responsibility for fixed asset reporting at a Plant level. Duties will include:
- Accumulate and provide information to the Corporate fixed asset group for the addition, deletion, and updating of new assets in the SAP fixed asset ledger.
- Ensure complete, accurate fixed asset ledger recording. Work with Plant Engineering and Purchasing staffs to accurately track and administer additions, disposals, and tagging of fixed assets.
- Perform periodic fixed asset audits which will involve selecting assets from SAP and agreeing them to the production floor and vice versa.
- Assume budget responsibility for the depreciation cost center including developing depreciation budgets and outlooks.
Analytical & Profit Plan Support:
Support Admin Services and other Plant disciplines in completing the annual profit plan (while proofing all profit plan inputs with appropriate check & balance techniques. Tasks will include:
- Support review of standards for planning process including: case outputs, crewing, waste, overweight, & rework.
- Creation of and input to spreadsheets to allow cost center managers to prepare detail of budgets for upcoming year.
- Review and verify accuracy of charges to all Plant cost centers. Follow up with Cost Center Managers from outside of the
- Plant on unusual charges and resolve incorrect charges.
- Inputting of all cost center budgets into SAP from supporting detail prepared by cost center managers. Payroll Back-up
Back-up the West Hershey Coordinator as needed by performing the following duties:
- Examining electronic timecards and summary/exception reports used to ensure complete and accurate recording of detailed time
- information, which is used to calculate pay.
- Proofing preliminary payroll reports and correcting errors.
- Running jobs to process and calculate payroll, create paychecks, and generate summary reports.
- Processing DOE's on a timely basis
- Maintain tracking process for hourly attendance within the prescribed plant policy
Weekly Variance and weekly LPR Key measures reporting:
- Compile weekly variance analysis
- Update LPR performance files and send email to salaried personnel when complete.
- Perform miscellaneous reports, special projects and analysis as required on an ongoing basis
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Spreadsheet Skills – Excel
- Accounting Systems & Practices
- Analytical Ability and good interpersonal skills
- Periodic Flexible Work Hours (Physical Inventories, Month-end Close, Budgeting)
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education: B. S. in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Experience: Entry Level
Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the background check results consistent with The Hershey Company's employment policies. Background checks may include, but are not limited to the following: education verification, employment verification, criminal check, social security number verification, and / or drug test.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran Status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected category recognized by state and federal laws.
The Hershey Company - 13 months ago
The Hershey Company is a manufacturer of chocolate and sugar confectionery products. The Company’s product groups include...