JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for accurate accumulation of financial results, reporting and interpretation of financial results, and internal controls for Plant(s) assigned.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR ASSIGNED MANUFACTURING FACILITY:
· Analyze and report Plant financial results
· Assist with/participate in monthly plant financial reviews
· Serve as advisor to the local management team on financial matters.
· Investigate financial errors under the direction of General Manager
· Recommend improvements to internal controls, reporting policies and procedures, and accounting policies and procedures to the Corporate Controller related to plant activities
· Prepare and analyze Cost of Goods Sold reconciliation schedule on a monthly basis
· Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting financial functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
· Adhere to Finance department policies and procedures
· Support the annual financial statement audit process for the company and employee benefit plans (e.g. 401k, ESOP and cafeteria plan).
· Coordinate and oversee the budget process for Plant – Capital, Sales and Operating
· Maintain accurate plant fixed assets records
· Maintain proper Bill of Materials and Part Numbers for manufactured items following Part Number set-up process
· Monitor inventory obsolescence and lower of cost or market adjustment requirements
· Maintain accurate financial records of inventory balances and oversee monthly physical counts and related adjustments
· Support initiatives to reduce scrap and waste
· Support initiatives to increase plant efficiencies and production timeliness
· Perform various other duties required by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
· Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting including significant accounting coursework (cost accounting course strongly preferred), 3 years of hands-on accounting or financial analyst experience with at least 2 years of it in a manufacturing environment, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
· CPA/CMA preferred.
· Mathematical Skills: Excellent
· Reasoning Ability: Excellent
· Computer Skills: Excellent
· Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent written and oral communication skills
Central States Manufacturing, Inc. - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Central States Manufacturing, Inc. manufactures and delivers high quality metal building components to post frame, commercial, and...