- Guarantee the accuracy of the accounting and financial information for the plant according to GAAP and Company policy.
- Responsible for directing overall accounting, financial analysis, cost accounting, forecasting and budgeting, month-end and year-end closings for the plant.
- Maintain systems of internal control.
- Assist plant management by providing cost reporting, variance analysis and monthly management reporting to effectively run the business.
- Supervise clerical and professional staff
- Direct the overall accounting, financial analysis, and reporting functions for the plant operation. Includes accounts payable, agents fund, payroll, preparation of financial reports, plant measurements, monthly variance analysis to forecast and budget, and statistical reporting. (25%).
- Provide, coordinate and direct effective cost accounting monitoring, financial analysis and plant cost allocation. Develop and maintain effective inventory controls. (20%)
- Develop plant budgets and associated forecasts as well as plant reporting in accordance with company procedures and deadlines. (15%)
- Provide support as directed by the General Manager in the areas of purchasing, receiving, inventory control and information systems. (10%)
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures for the company including maintaining effective internal controls. (10%)
- Maintain Fixed Assets controls and validate economic justifications of capital projects in accordance with company policy. (5%)
- Effectively manage internal and external site audits. (5%)
- Select, train and effectively motivate staff. (5%)
- Actively participate in plant safety, environmental and quality processes. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related area. CMA/CPA preferred
- 6 to 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas of cost accounting, general accounting, forecasting / budgeting, and plant operations.
- Experience with ERP systems (SAP a plus) and financial analysis software (Essbase preferred).
- Strong sense of teamwork and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Results orientation with strong written and oral communication / presentation skills.
Columbian Chemicals Company - 16 months ago