The Electrochem Finance team is looking for a Plant Controller who is responsible for the financial and accounting function the Raynham, MA facility including financial reporting, budgeting and planning, within established guidelines. Assists and advises Plant management on financial and operational issues. Ensures that the shared services functions provided to the plant are accurate and timely. Serves as liaison between Corporate Finance and Plant Management.
- Performs procedures that ensure that the payroll function is in full compliance with the requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Administers the installation and management of effective accounting procedures according to established policies.
- Responsible for the accurate accounting classification of all expenditures.
- Prepares, analyzes and interprets monthly financial statements.
- Prepares written reports or presentations to explain financial data to Plant management and Corporate Finance.
- Analyzes and presents emerging financial trends.
- Oversees the implementation of inventory management programs.
- Addresses inventory discrepancies or variances and advises plant management.
- Ensures accounts payable and receivable functions are performed accurately and on a timely basis for the plant.
- Develops and monitors annual plant operating budget.
- Advises senior management as to potential returns from investments in facilities, equipment or new processes.
- Performs the cost accounting function; Analyzes cost records to ascertain distribution of production costs for plant.
- Determines cost of sales and inventory valuation for closing and financial statements.
Minimum Experience : Minimum 7 years experience in an accounting role with a preference for experience within an ERP manufacturing environment.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred.
Specialized Knowledge: Strong knowledge of GAAP and management accounting required. Strong computer skills.
Special Skills : Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Other : CMA/CPA preferred
ElectroChem Incorporated was founded in 1986 with a strong reputation for successful problem solving in the field of fuel cells - a...