Our highly profitable and respected client produces chemicals, polymers and fibers at manufacturing locations in the United States. With major global sales offices and customers, our client is a a global leader in the chemical and nylon production.
Our client is in need of a Plant Controller in their Decatur, Alabama plant that will effectively supervise all accounting activities for the plant. The Plant Controller position will partner with the Plant Manager and local leadership team to identify and resolve key issues and constraints facing the facility as well as identify new opportunities and implement actions on an ongoing basis. There is a MAJOR emphasis on controllership experience within a heavily specialized manufacturing industry (Chemicals preferred).
- Manage and Lead the local finance team and continuously develop their skills and experiences.
- Drive the site to meet or exceed all annual financial metrics including but not limited to conversion spend, capital spending, inventory, productivity, and others.
- Lead the monthly closing and forecast process and provide detailed explanations of variances.
- Lead the site annual operating plan process.
- Lead the site annual physical inventory process and ensure no significant inventory variance each calendar year in both units and dollars.
- Establish a control environment on site that complies with all company and external agency requirements.
- Coordinate with the internal and external auditors on an as needed basis.
- Insure contract compliance with Guest Operations and Tollers and monitor, report, and control all related activities.
- Serve on Site Leadership Team. (SLT)
- Drive local cost analysts to be business partners at the site.
- Ad hoc and special projects as required.
- Strong analytical and problem skills.
- Demonstrated use of collaboration and indirect influence skills.
- Strong systems and personal computer skills required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Controllership Experience
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, financial planning, cost accounting, and controls.
- Manufacturing experience required in chemical or petro-chemical experience preferred.
- Prior experience as a plant controller a plus.
- Proven track record of results and ability to partner with others.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience required.