The Plant Controller is an integral part of the accounting team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. The position has a strong focus on inventory management with direct responsibility for item costing and all related inventory activities. The role will provide accurate plant financial and statistical data in order for management to make timely and informed decisions concerning financial performance of the business.
Responsibilities 1. Inventory responsibilities
• Responsible for proper control and valuation of inventory. This includes individual item cost reported from production, and maintaining statistics regarding variances to modeled cost.
• Coordinate and challenge various managers in all areas of inventory management including inventory levels, aged inventories, research of problems as necessary, inventory consolidations and other inventory issues that become necessary
• Cycle counting of inventory at plant and all outside storage locations. Maintain appropriate statistics. Manage cycle count personnel as required.
• Communicate actual and model cost to the commercial team for pricing as requested.
• Prepare weekly orange and grapefruit position report in conjunction with the purchasing and commercial team.
• Perform month end inventory closing cycle with related accounting and reporting.
• Maintain integrity of entire inventory system by becoming quickly proficient in the Agilysis ERP system. 2. Monthly operations report preparation due the Friday following month end. This report contains Plant production statistics, Trend analysis, Plant cost detail and statistics, Labor statistics, Variance analysis, and overall site performance statistics. 3. Operate the capital project system in conjunction with the Beloit team. 4. Profit Improvement Program – responsible for administrating the program in conjunction with various department managers. 5. Review Plant expenses monthly and be proactive in cost control. 6. As part of the accounting team, cross train in various accounting task including month end closing, workpaper preparation, CRT accounting, hyperion filings, proclarity analysis, and budgeting. 7. Special projects for the Melrose Park site as directed by the financial controller which will include all facets of the accounting function.
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with a minimum of 2-5 years experience. Public accounting and / or CPA are considered a plus. Personal characteristics: Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities while being tactful and mature. Ability to establish credibility and be decisive (particularly with other managers). Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Being able to lead and motivate staff while maintaining an environment conducive to working. Good business acumen. Performance measurement (consolidation and evaluation), control and risk management, and information management. Strong IT skills, particularly Excel and Accounting systems.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Kerry - 14 months ago