Rich Products Corporation is known around the world as the founder of the non-dairy segment of the frozen food industry and the leading supporter and solutions provider to the Food Service, In-Store Bakery and Retail marketplaces. We are one of the world's premier family-owned food companies with more than 7,300 associates worldwide.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Cost Accountant at our Jon Donaire facility. Please visit our website at www.richs.com/careers to apply for this position or view other exciting opportunities.
Overall the Cost Accountant will conduct Cost Accounting procedures to accurately determine the cost of manufacturing products and analyze plant financial operations to identify opportunities for improving financial performance.
Develop and maintain direct and indirect standard costs by product for materials, labor and mfg. overhead as well as performing required system maintenance to set-up new raw material items and finished products:
- Update standard material costs on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Update scrap factors for quarterly updates.
Prepare timely and pertinent cost variance reports and analysis and make recommendations or take action on items as needed:
- Review PPV reports and research purchases to ensure accurate PPV reporting.
- Analyze and report on inventory variances of raw materials and finished goods.
- Contribute pertinent cost analysis associated with the annual budgeting process:
* Preparation of manufacturing cost center budgets.
* Calculate manufacturing overhead rate using ABC methodology.
Partner with operational management to improve controls, accuracy and quality of mfg. costs and resolve extraordinary variances.
Prepare accurate cost estimates for new and/or existing products on request.
Participate in the monthly fiscal accounting closing process - prepare and enter journal entries and prepare and distribute operational statements:
- Review, correct and post weekly ADP payroll entries and reports.
- Calculate actual monthly labor rate
- Facilitate monthly SAP Material Ledger close.
- Review and settle monthly cost collectors associated with Material Ledger.
- Analyze current monthly PUP's (Periodic Unit Price) for any significant variances.
- Complete balance sheet reconciliations monthly.
- Preparation of audit lead schedules and annual audit package.
- Prepare monthly reporting:
* Month End Plant Performance Review
* Flash Forecasting
Direct monthly finished goods inventory cycle counts and perform data entry of physical counts.
What do I need to be considered a candidate?
Bachelors in Accounting or Finance.
Minimum 5 years staff cost accounting level experience in a manufacturing environment ' Cost accounting a plus.
Knowledge of GAAP and ethical standards associated with confidential and fiduciary responsibilities.
Previous experience using SAP financial software a plus.
Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written).
Strong PC skills, proficiency with Windows, MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite qualified candidates to apply. As part of our efforts to provide a safe and productive environment and hire talented and qualified associates, we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background investigations.