The Plant Engineer serves as primary technical engineering resource for assigned manufacturing facility. Identifies, leads, develops, and executes solutions for quality and performance improvements on production and plant systems for assigned manufacturing facility.
Detailed Job Description
· Manages engineering projects for assigned manufacturing plant, including line installations (design to commissioning of new lines), improvements, and other continuous improvement initiatives. Partners with project teams comprised of local plant resources, management, Engineering, customer, and external vendors. Utilizes continuous improvement techniques for troubleshooting plant systems issues.
· Utilizes understanding of interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people to provide robust operating systems.
· Develops and maintains material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
· Provides key technical support in capital projects and new product and packaging material testing/start-ups for assigned site. Prepares estimates and specifications of plant projects.
· Conducts capacity studies, enhances system reliability, and identifies/implements productivity improvements including new technologies for assigned site.
· Develops/maintains strategic technical improvement plans for systems in alignment with Engineering processes, philosophies, and methodologies.
· Serves as technical liaison for company and customer, including production/maintenance employees, plant technical and management resources, Engineering, and other plants.
· Develops/delivers technical training for various levels of the organization and serves as resource in cross-functional platform/technology/product teams.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or related field
· Three to five (3-5) years of experience in plant engineering, with preference for experience in a food manufacturing environment
· Working knowledge of manufacturing systems and unit operations
· Working knowledge of continuous improvement techniques (e.g., Lean, TPM, Kaizen)
· Working knowledge of food science/chemistry and/or packaging science
· Strong statistical, analytical, organizational, and project management skills
· Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation skills
· Bilingual capabilities in English and Spanish a strong plus
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, journals, work procedures, product specifications, plant policies, and governmental regulations.
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to determine project specifications by studying product and process design, customer requirements, and performance standards
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...