Graphic Packaging International, Inc., a leading provider of food and consumer goods packaging, has an immediate full-time opening for a Plant Engineer at its Fort Smith, AR location.
The purpose of this position is to ensure engineering optimization of machinery by providing technical leadership resulting in problem resolution. Additional responsibilities include managing plant projects, contractor maintenance, and skill trades training programs.
- Implement engineering changes to ensure performance optimization of all manufacturing equipment.
- Give technical guidance and direction to all departments as it relates to engineering for the facility.
- Partner with mechanical and electrical leaders to accomplish daily maintenance activities.
- Maintain technical documentation and software.
- Manage and coordinate plant projects, contractor maintenance, and skill trades training programs.
- Provide engineering guidance when interacting with equipment vendors and production department personnel.
- Maintain plant's compressed air, heating and cooling systems.
- Provide guidance to Managers and Supervisors regarding quality, maintenance, and safe operating procedures.
- Plan and oversee new equipment installations.
- Manage the upkeep of the facility and grounds.
Bachelor’s degree desired in electrical or mechanical engineering.
3-5 years of experience in optimization of manufacturing equipment and operations.
Process engineering / optimization experience preferred.
Must have experience specifically in manufacturing and / or folding carton Industry.
Project management experience desired.
PLC / DCS / SCADA and drive experience a plus.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Graphic Packaging International offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package:
Dental, Medical, Vision Insurance
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Graphic Packaging - 20 months ago
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...