Resco is a privately owned company with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Resco was founded in 1946 with a goal of becoming a leader in the specialty/monolithic refractories industry. Today, Resco offers a full line of refractories to meet even the most demanding needs of our customers. Since 1999, Resco has grown to become an innovative leader in the refractory industry with plants located in three countries. Our goal: become THE preferred vendor in the refractory industry.
The Plant Engineer is a hands-on technical – engineering role reporting to the Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Corporate Engineering Manager. The Plant Engineer will drive continuous process improvement throughout the production and shipping of finished product. The Plant Engineer uses their strong engineering and technical capabilities to identify root cause and resolve issues or potential issues within the Resco’s equipment and processes within the production environment. The Plant Engineer may work on corporate initiatives as well as focused projects at Resco’s production facilities.
- Define, design, justify and execute improvement projects to increase capacity and operational effectiveness and efficiency .
- Oversee the Health, Safety and Environmental function and drive continuous improvements.
- Define and execute process related improvements including sequence and control schemes, productions consistency, material utilization and energy efficiency.
- Experience with Electrical and Process Controllers is required since the incumbent will support other Resco sites in executing projects involving process control.
- Develop skills and product familiarity to serve as periodic back-up for site QA Manager.
The Current Team:
The current engineering team team is represented at the corporate office and across all manufacturing. Engineering works closely with Manufacturing, HSE, QA and other production personnel to define, implement and optimize our manufacturing processes.
The Plant Engineer is a self-motivated individual who is focused on process improvement throughout the organization. This individual is analytical, organized, and has the ability to communicate with personnel at all levels of the operation.
- BS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including the use of statistical methods for process evaluation and improvement.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills
- Previous experience with refractories and/or ceramics a plus.
- Experience with ISO quality systems a plus.