This position reports to the Plant Manager and is responsible for the Engineering and Maintenance activities for the Company; leads and directs the Engineering and Maintenance Departments.
Just south of Montgomery, Alabama this is a 186 non union employee automotive Tier 1 supplier to Hyundai. Process is high volume complete assembly and JIT. Production line changes including layouts and equipment is often due to customers needs.
1. B.S. degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering is prefered will consider an associates degree. Computer literacy, including understanding of computer aided design and engineering technology and technical database management is required.
2. A minimum of five years of hands-on experience in the manufacturing equipment design and manufacturing with at least two years in an engineering supervisor capacity is required. Some in-house product consultant experience and working knowledge of ISO 14001 are also required.
3. Strong people skills; must be able to lead, delegate, instruct, counsel, coordinate, and correct. Well developed oral and written communication skills; strong listening and negotiation skills. Hands-on experience with the strategic planning process and scheduling would be helpful.
B. Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides leadership to and management of subordinates: trains, develops, and evaluates the performance of subordinates; provides direction for improvement of their work and leadership skills, and fosters their positive company attitude; provides maintenance employees with a daily work schedule.
2. Issues purchase orders for machine repair as needed. Analyzes daily downtime and implements the corrective actions. Establishes the preventive maintenance schedule and monitors and records all preventive maintenance activities.
3. Establishes and maintains equipment and Poke Yoke logs. Coordinates any new equipment/tooling and reviews for design improvement.
4. Performs root cause analysis for equipment/tooling defects. Performs root cause analysis for quality defects.
5. Coordinates with Product Development Team and Overseas Team for new products/equipment and for future products. Coordinates existing equipment specifications with Overseas Team.
6. Establishes Production Cell Layouts/Equipment Layouts for all new and existing equipment. Maintains layout files for existing equipment and Plant.
7. Coordinates all projects with necessary departments. Maintains all documents and schedule necessary to coordinates projects. Document control of FEMA, Control Plans, Work Standards, and Process Inspections.
8. Prepare all necessary documentation to achieve ISO 14001. Complies with all federal and state laws governing Environmental Management. Maintain and controls all documents as required by federal and state law.
9. Maintains proper inventory levels of all purchased parts.
1. Adequate leadership by hands-on management is provided to enable achievement of the engineering/maintenance goals of the Company, excellent personnel performance, and employee growth through significant coaching and skills development.
2. Effectively uses people skills to lead, manage, coordinate, teach, correct, and to support the operating philosophy of the Company.
3. Clearly articulates design activities.
4. Equipment is maintained is a first class condition; work areas are free from clutter.
5. All engineering/maintenance paperwork, records, and reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner to meet deadlines.
6. Personal vision of industry achievement is satisfactorily transmitted to the engineering/maintenance staff.
7. Works well with other people; appreciates the views of others; appreciates and supports the operating philosophy of the Company; routinely makes improvements in daily efforts, sustains an interest in self-development and in the development of subdinates.
Endevis - 5 months ago