Viox Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., offers a complete package of facilities services from grounds and preventative maintenance to construction services and integrated facility management.
Job Title: Plant HVAC Operator
Viox Services has an immediate opening for a Plant Operator at our client’s retail facility in Scottsdale, Arizona. The Operator will support the Plant Lead Operator in the preventative, corrective, and general maintenance of HVAC systems. Other duties include, but not limited to, daily assessments of systems, maintain a clean working environment, and other various duties as assigned by the Lead Operator, while adhering to all safety and health standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must understand the basics HVAC systems maintenance including the fundamentals of: air handlers, split systems, package units, chillers, water pumps, piping and valve operation, cooling towers, exhaust equipment and the smoke evacuation system.
- Log chillers and perform water treatment tests on a daily basis. Must understand the results and make adjustments accordingly.
- Keep central plant and HVAC department areas clean and in safe condition at all times.
- Maintain cleanliness and keep biological activity under control in cooling towers.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and emergency repairs as needed.
- Test and log emergency generators. Perform minor maintenance when necessary ( i.e. add water to batteries and radiator, add oil and fuel to unit. Keep unit wiped clean).
- Able to operate the energy management system.
- Able to read electric and water meters.
- Able to read and understand blue prints.
- Follow safety practices, and utilize protective clothing and equipment as required by OSHA. Know the whereabouts of all emergency equipment ( i.e. fire extinguishers, eyewash and shower stations, first aid supplies, breathing apparatus, etc.
- Safely use hand tools, power tools and test instruments to maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V
- High School graduate or G.E.D. is required.
- Diploma from a certified air conditioning school or college.
- Minimum of 2 years of commercial air conditioning including: package units, split systems, air handlers, chillers, water pumps, cooling towers, exhaust fans and heat pumps.
- EPA Universal Certification required.
- R-410 CFC Handling Certification required or must be willing to get certified.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule: days, evenings, weekends and emergencies.
- Good communication with respect for co-workers and their property, vendors, and tenants.
Emcor - 13 months ago
Electrical and mechanical construction is at the core of EMCOR Group. One of the world's largest specialty construction firms, EMCOR de...