Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines and plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment assigned.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
- Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
- Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
- Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running in synch
- Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Keep area clean
working knowledge of mechanical inspection and repairs
demonstrated mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance abilities
experience in 3 phase electric and AC/DC control circuitry skills are essential
ability to read diagrams a plus
repair high speed packaging machinery, PLC's, welding and machine shop skills are a plus
experience in the repair of Tiromat Packaging Machinery a plus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have own hand tools.
Trade School or 1-2 years year on the job training by other maintenance mechanics
3-5 years experience in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of plant production machinery. Food processing equipment a plus.
HS diploma or GED required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
OSI Group - 2 years ago
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...