Perform work in the installation, maintenance, and electrical repair of the city’s water and wastewater facilities primary operating equipment. Works directly with external organizations to resolve issues related to operating equipment. Work is performed in potentially dangerous and hazardous conditions. Work is preformed to insure the health of customers in controlling water and wastewater. Responds to questions and concerns from the general public, contractors, and businesses and will provide feedback and condition information to management staff.
- Perform work in the maintenance, repair, and related activities of assigned facilities.
- Perform preventive and breakdown maintenance on pumps, mixers, motors, valves, meters, water lines, instrumentation, and other related devices; maintain electrical and mechanical equipment for swimming pool maintenance.
- Ensure adherence to proper operating and safety procedures according to City regulation in the performance of all job duties.
- Operate a variety of equipment including trucks, snowplows, street sanders, hand tools, power tools, lawn equipment, electronic test meters, pumps, and various other vehicles and equipment.
- Participate in housekeeping duties, grounds and building maintenance; perform troubleshooting, repair and replacement duties for electrical and mechanical breakdowns.
- Perform on-call duties and overtime as required.
- Required to participate in city-wide snow removal efforts, including operating snow blower and snow plow as required.
Experience & Education:
Experience : One year within wastewater or water facility maintenance or equivalent experience in a related field.
Education : High school diploma and the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance, supplemented by specialized courses in water or wastewater plant maintenance or related fields.
Certification in at least one of the following trades - HVAC Technician, Master Plumber, Electrician, or Mechanical Maintenance preferred. Obtain a class I water, wastewater, or plant maintenance certification within 18 months of employment.
Hours : 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.; Monday - Friday, on call hours periodically required.
Must have a valid Class B commercial driver's license (CDL) with air brake endorsement, with a favorable driving record. A background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
City of Olathe, KS - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard